Committees and Councils
AVIXA's committees and councils guide the planning and development of membership policies and education training programs.
Members of committees and councils:
- Enjoy peer discussion online and in-person
- Talk about today's challenges and solutions
- Conduct research
- Participate in forums
- Help shape products and services to meet the needs of our industry
- Participate in survey development
- Gain professional recognition for you and your company
Most members contribute a few hours of their time each month, usually at quarterly audioconference meetings or by participating in email discussion groups.
AVIXA funds cost for virtual meetings as well as a meeting at the InfoComm show each year. Additional projects, including surveys, summits and special events at the AVIXA show, are approved for funding through the annual budget process by the Board of Directors.
As 2021 draws to a close, we are looking for members of our Councils who want to take that next step in their journey – chair a council. Several opportunities exist for the 2022 term. Council Chairs are approved by the Leadership Search Committee every December and may serve up to 3 consecutive 1-year terms.
2022 Service Opportunities
Councils and Advisory Groups
Calling for volunteers to get this group started:
- Independent Programmers Council
Join these active councils: