The AVIXA Diversity Council is a group of AVIXA members interested in bringing together AV and integrated experience professionals from various backgrounds and cultures to facilitate a larger dialogue around initiatives of inclusion within the industry.
All are welcome in this council, no matter one's race, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, religious affiliation, disability, national origin, or any other community affiliation.
Interested in joining?
The AVIXA Diversity Council’s mission is to encourage inclusion and promote human, cultural, and systemic diversity in all forms within the commercial audiovisual industry through the utilization of professional networking, educational opportunities, leadership development, and community awareness.
- Building Community & Safe Places
- Monthly Meetings with Breakout sessions
- Event based networking opportunities (ISE / Infocomm)
- Have Diversity Council representation at least one event outside of ISE and Infocomm.
- Promote conversation and exposure for DEI conversations on social channels including the XChange.
- Creating Opportunities to Spotlight Underrepresented Groups
- Regular Webinars on current and important DEI topics
- Quarterly Member spotlights
- Increase Local & International Footprint o Work in progress to identify regional / local leadership
- Partnering With Organizations for Networking and Outreach Events
Diversity Council Chair
Jenn Steinhardt, CTS-D, CTS
Shen Milsom & Wilke
Check back here for future events