Maintain Your Advantage: Renew Your CTS Credential
CTS certifications are awarded for a period of three years. To maintain your certification, you must complete minimum levels of continuing education during each three-year period and must reaffirm your commitment to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct. This ensures that the CTS program meets the ISO/IEC/17024:2012 accreditation requirements as administered by ANSI in the U.S.
Steps to Renewing Your Certification
- Read the Certification Renewal Handbook. It provides valuable information about renewal units and processes and includes a copy of the CTS Renewal Application. You can also browse our FAQs page for quick answers.
- Determine how many renewal units you have already earned and how many you need to earn in order to renew and maintain your certification. Start by reviewing your online transcript on AVIXA's learning platform, which lists all of the AVIXA training activities in which you have participated.
- Then, gather records of
non-AVIXA, RU-approved courses and activities ,including certificates of completion and all supporting documents. Read step-by-step instructions on how to add these to your transcript. Also, check out the CTS RU Calendar to view upcoming course sessions from approved Renewal Unit Providers.
- Complete and submit your CTS Renewal Application and fee online by logging into our learning platform and following the prompts on your transcript. You can also renew by email, mail, or fax. Remember to attach all required documents.
Why Is Renewal Required?
- Proof of Continuing Education
Meeting the renewal requirements for certain levels of continuing education demonstrates your ongoing efforts to enhance the knowledge, skills
andabilities required to perform your job in the field.
- ISO/IEC/17024:2012 Accreditation
By requiring continuing education and periodic renewal, the AVIXA CTS renewal program meets the ISO/IEC/17024:2012 accreditation requirements as administered by ANSI in the United States.
- Renewed Commitment to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct
When you renew your certification, you also reaffirm your commitment to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct.
Certification Renewal Resources
- Certification Renewal Handbook
- Renewal FAQs
- CTS Renewal Application
- CTS Renewal Application (Online Version)
- RU Options Chart
- Duplicate Certificate Order Form
Certification is not a guarantee for performance by certified individuals. Certified Technology Specialist™ (CTS®) holders at all levels of certification have demonstrated audiovisual knowledge and/or skills. Certified individuals adhere to
the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct and maintain their status through continued education. Certification demonstrates
All eligibility, application, score reports, special accommodation requests and general inquiries regarding AVIXA certification will be handled through the AVIXA Certification Office, with headquarters located in Fairfax, Va., U.S.A. Purchases of education, membership or any other AVIXA services are not required to seek certification.
Attn. Certification Office
11242 Waples Mill Rd., Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 1.800.659.7469 or +1.703.273.7200