AVIXA Women’s Council
If you are an Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA) member who wants to support women in our industry — whether you’re a woman or a man — you are invited to join this council.
To provide a global community of AVIXA members and other professionals committed to supporting and empowering women who work in the technology and AV industry.
International Women's Day 2021
The AVIXA Women’s Council thanks everyone who to participated in International Women’s Day, 8 March 2021.
Get social: Take a photo where you strike a pose (ALL genders welcome!) to choose to challenge and call out inequality. Share with #AVIXAwomen, #ChooseToChallenge, and #AVtweeps.
This campaign asked #AVTweeps to strike the pose. Thank you for posting on your social media platforms and be sure to include the hashtag #ChooseToChallenge #AVtweeps and tag the Women’s Council.
Career Empowerment Alliances
Career Empowerment Alliances are groups of eight–ten women that meet virtually each month. In these groups, AVIXA Women’s Council members dive into topics related to career advancement, work-life balance, conflict resolution and much more. Each group has a facilitator to organize the meetings and provide members monthly training materials. These groups are built on a mutual respect and trust which grows over time. Being in such a group connects members with mentors at various levels of experience that can help guide them throughout their careers. Join Today!
Our Local Groups meet regularly in a local area to get together to learn, network and build lasting relationships with other women in the industry. These groups are still forming across the globe so if you are interested in starting one or joining an
existing group, please fill out the interest form and we will get you connected!
AVIXA Women’s Council Chair
Read about Brandy's work in the AV industry and on the Women's Council.
Activities and Resources
- See how Sherri Beck, Director of Learning and Development of AVI-SPL, encourages women in her company and the Tampa area to get involved in technology: Embracing the Community of Women in AV
- Looking to contribute to your local group? Find out how your local involvement can impact our global mission.
- Remembering Rosie and Why Now, More Than Ever, We're Like Her
- 2020 AVIXA Women's Council Breakfast Highlights
- Webinar: Afraid to Speak Up? Move the Needle from Self Doubt
- Webinar: Mavens Share the Power, Lead with Style & Build Rock Stars!
- Webinar: Talent Management Retention: How to Build the Team You Need for Success
- Webinar: Amplify Your Brand With Passion & Purpose & the downloadable Personal Brand Shield
Women of AV | Erica Carroll
Tim Albright talks with Product Training Manager Erica Carroll about how she got into AV, her experiences as a woman in the industry, and more.
Women of AV | Kristin Bidwell
Kristin Bidwell discusses how she got started in the business, what the future of the industry looks like, and more.
Presented by AWC Northeast Regions: Mastering the Art of Persuasion
You will leave with a powerful way of thinking and a range of techniques that can lead to extraordinary results. Whether you’re trying to change one person, transform an organization, or shift the way an entire industry does business, this session shows you how to become a catalyst.
Date: April 22, 2021 at 12:30 pm EST