If you are an Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA) member who wants to support women in our industry — no matter who you are — you are invited to join this council.
To provide a global community of AVIXA members and other professionals committed to supporting and empowering women who work in the technology and AV industry.
2024 Council Goals:
- Create a global AVIXA Women’s Council Task Force to review and recommend a structure that best aligns with the global nature of this council. Q1 and Q2
- Empower the AVIXA Women’s Council Groups to accomplish the following:
- Events Committee execute 4 virtual events quarterly: International Women's Day, 2024 Infocomm Lead Up, Fall Meet up and an end of the year wrap up.
- Support the planning and execution of the AVIXA Women’s Breakfast at InfoComm24 and start planning for 2025.
- The Local Group Committee- will review and update all resources for local group leaders on how to start and run their groups. This group will meet monthly with a task monthly to accomplish.
- Research and celebrate companies that have 20% of executives that are women during the AVIXA Women’s Breakfast.
AVIXA Women’s Council Co-Chair
AVIXA Women’s Council Co-Chair Christina Cruzeiro
AVIXA Women's Council Meeting
Virtual Meeting: Why Women's Programs Matter- Find the recording online!
This engaging event will shed light on the significance of women’s empowerment groups within organizations and companies. In this panel discussion, we have gathered a group of inspiring women who actively plan and participate in women’s empowerment groups. They will share their experiences and insights on why these groups matter to them personally, the value they bring to their respective companies or organizations, and most importantly, how you can get involved in an existing group or initiate one within your organization.
Upcoming Local Group Meetings
- Check back here for future events
Our Local Groups meet regularly in a local area to get together to learn, network and build lasting relationships with other women in the industry. These groups are still forming across the globe so if you are interested in starting one or joining an
existing group, please fill out the interest form and we will get you connected!
Activities and Resources
- See how Sherri Beck, Director of Learning and Development of AVI-SPL, encourages women in her company and the Tampa area to get involved in technology: Embracing the Community of Women in AV
- Remembering Rosie and Why Now, More Than Ever, We're Like Her
- 2020 AVIXA Women's Council Breakfast Highlights
- Webinar: Afraid to Speak Up? Move the Needle from Self Doubt
- Webinar: Mavens Share the Power, Lead with Style & Build Rock Stars!
- Webinar: Talent Management Retention: How to Build the Team You Need for Success
- Webinar: A Conversation with Brandy Alvarado
- Webinar: Amplify Your Brand With Passion & Purpose & the downloadable Personal Brand Shield
Women of AV | Erica Carroll
Tim Albright talks with Product Training Manager Erica Carroll about how she got into AV, her experiences as a woman in the industry, and more.
Women of AV | Kristin Bidwell
Kristin Bidwell discusses how she got started in the business, what the future of the industry looks like, and more.
Come Back Soon for Upcoming Events