Staging and Events Management Virtual Classroom
Audiovisual technology is now the norm for live events. This course provides the background and know-how every event professional should have. Explore what it takes to manage shows, clients, venues and every key piece of the puzzle in between.
Who Should Take This Course
Those who manage, produce, or are interested in deepening their knowledge of live events including:
- AV technicians
- Technology managers for education, healthcare, corporate and worship
- Account executives
There are no prerequisites. Candidates may enroll at any level of skill or experience. However, it is recommended that students complete Essentials of AV Technology Online.
This three-day classroom course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required. The course covers the folowing topics:
- Managing show departments, clients and venues
- Acquiring field tested project management tools
- Understanding how the diverse parts of staging work together as a whole
- Examining each department in terms of technology and application
- Learning how to analyze an infrastructure, including power, rigging and labor
- Gaining valuable project management skills and technical knowledge
- Discovering how putting pre-show planning into practice can reduce problems onsite
Many who complete these courses consider the Certified Technology Specialist™ (CTS®) certification.
Not ready for a CTS exam? Show clients and potential employers that you have achieved a basic level of technical knowledge by earning the AV Technologist Certificate — FREE FOR AVIXA MEMBERS.
Certification Renewal Units
CTS: 18 CTS-D: 18 CTS-I: 18 Max: 18