Tech managers are working more closely than ever with IT teams to support the rise in cloud service usage. What are the new network requirements in higher education?
Learn more about the Learning Tech Manager's Power Hour series.
Paul Zielie, CTS-D, CTS-I
- Paul Zielie, CTS®-D, CTS®-I is a multi-disciplined generalist with more than 30 years of experience designing and integrating IT, telecommunications and audiovisual (AV) solutions.
- He is a prolific writer and speaker and is the recipient of the 2015 AVIXA Educator of the year.
- His varied specialties include: Solutions architecture, video transport over telecommunications networks, IT security accreditation and mitigation (especially US DoD), network protocols and standards, design for scalability, design for security, design for maintainability, technical documentation and technical education.
Justin Rexing, M.S., CTS-D, ISF-C, DMC-E-4K
AV Systems Designer
Western Kentucky University
- Justin Rexing currently works as an Audiovisual Design Engineer for Western Kentucky University, is owner of Rexing Consulting Group, LLC.
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems and holds a Master of Science, both obtained from WKU.
- Justin has served on multiple task forces and committees for AVIXA, including volunteering as an instructor for the past 10+ years.
- Being a technology manager along with owning an audiovisual consulting and integration business, Justin Rexing has a unique vision he can provide for clients and the AV industry.
Jim Smith, CTS-D
Sound Control Technologies
- Currently employed by Sound Control Technologies, Jim Smith, CTS-D®, has been involved in the design and integration of innovative electronic systems for more than 25 years.
- His experience includes design of audio system electronics, telephone interfaces, cameras and other subsystems while at PictureTel.
- He was heavily involved in the development of Certified Videoconferencing Engineer testing and certification programs at both PictureTel and Polycom.
- Prior to the communications industry, Smith was involved in the design and development of advanced electronics for military laser and smart-weapons systems.
- He has been published in the AVIXA reissue of the Wadsworth classic The Basics of Audio and Visual Systems Design, The BICSI System Integration Handbook, and was awarded full faculty status by AVIXA.
- He is frequently called upon as a consultant in the use and applications of conferencing technology by companies around the world.
Frank Padikkala, CTS, CTS-D
AV Design Engineer
- Frank Padikkala is an AV Design Engineer who places Innovation and Inclusion at the heart of his design philosophy.
- Having his foundations firm in IT and Cybersecurity - he promotes the utilization of converged technologies for creating high end designs for corporate spaces.
- As an IT-AV Evangelist, Frank hopes to bridge the knowledge gap between the IT/AV/Tech industries, many of which have already begun to overlap in a wide array of applications.
- He is a firm believer of tech training and certifications and advocates the importance of standards.
- As a self-proclaimed "cert junkie" he several IT certifications including those from Cisco, Microsoft, Comptia – the latest of which being a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and CHFI from the EC-Council.
- He also holds a Masters in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (MS-CSIA) and Bachelors in both IT-Security and Polymer Sciences.
Regional Manager, UK and Ireland
- Ben Barnard is Regional Manager for AVIXA UK & Ireland and aspires to support the AV community through education, certification, training and providing the industry with access to the resources that are most beneficial to their businesses and professional development.
- Ben has been working closely with various Tech Manager groups over his time at AVIXA and is always keen to learn more about what's relevant and important to this particular segment of our community.
22 March 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time