How Can You Help the Industry Grow?
Wondering how you can help the growth of the AV Industry?
Here are a few key ways you can help:
1. Share the story of AV careers at local schools in your area
2. Visit local career fairs or opportunities to showcase your company as a leader in the industry
3. Partner with maker-spaces, coding camps, STEM programs, etc. in your region
4. Work with AVIXA to get our curriculum in your school (or a school near you)
1. Exploring AV Careers Presentation
2. Exploring AV Careers Brochure
3. AV Fast Facts
4. Industry Market Research
AVIXA and its foundation also partner with education institutions to develop a larger pool of qualified AV professionals. These collaborative relationships build pathways for more students to enter our industry.
Through these programs, AVIXA provides schools with curriculum that introduces students to fundamentals of audio, video, networking, and other necessary skills for providing AV solutions and experiences. AVIXA will also give students the resources needed to gain their CTS® certification before entering the AV workforce.
It all starts with a few simple steps:
- Start the conversation with institutions in your area.
- Share the career resources above with faculty, administrators, and students
- Discuss available curriculum options with AVIXA.
- Provide career support for students who complete the program.
Don’t worry, you’re not in this alone. AVIXA will be there every step of the way.
To get involved or learn more, contact us:
AVIXA has current agreements with education institutions and organizations across the globe, including but not limited to:
- A.I. Prince Technical High School – Hartford, CT
- Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, Boston, MA
- City College of San Francisco, CA* (dual program)
- College of San Mateo, CA
- Columbia College, Chicago, IL
- Diablo Valley College – Pleasant Hill, CA
- District of Bogotá - Bogotá, Colombia
- Downey Unified School District, Downey (Los Angeles area), CA
- Full Sail University – Orlando, FL
- Howard Community College – Columbia, MD
- Laney College - Oakland, CA* (dual program)
- Marina High School, CA
- Maverick Technical Institute – Nashua, NH
- Sheffield Audio Institute, Phoenix, MD
- University of Valley Forge – Philadelphia, PA
- Valencia College, Orlando, FL
"We were looking to create a new program to address these needs when we first connected with AVIXA. It turned out to be a perfect match. Our plan is to become the premier site for AV technician training in New England. There is a clear demand and great jobs waiting."
— Larson Rogers, Dean of Academic Affairs, BFIT
How One Woman is Inspiring the Next Generation
Joanne Ladio, CTS®, DSCE, Audiovisual Specialist at Michigan-based NBS Commercial Interiors, wondered why are there so few women in technology roles in the industry. Here's how she is changing that.
The AVIXA Foundation Internship Program
The AVIXA Foundation Internship Program is the pro-AV industry's internship and mentoring program.
AVIXA Foundation Funds Scholarships
The AVIXA Foundation funds scholarships to address the industry's need for a high-quality workforce.