AV professionals are in the experience business — combining content, space and technology to craft an event, communicate a message, elicit a response, create an understanding, give people a reason to cheer or move them to tears. Many students are looking into pathways that don't require degrees.
Together, we can help students find a great job in AV.
Benefits For Students:
- AV is a growing industry
- Day-to-day work can differ and be more exciting
- Students don't have to attend a traditional university to be successful
Help Your Students Get Involved:
- Include AV components in lesson plans
- Encourage AV in the curriculum
- Provide resources linked to the industry
- Recommend AVIXA's student membership
How You Can Get Involved:
- Host an event at your school
- Start a job shadow or internship program
- Show students behind the scenes
- Introduce schools to Tech Crew
- Offer site visits
- Partner with the AVIXA Foundation
Partner With Us
AVIXA and its foundation partner with education institutions to develop a larger pool of qualified AV Professionals.
It all starts with a few simple steps:
- Begin the conversation with your institution.
- Share our career resources with your fellow faculty, administrators, and students.
- Discuss available curriculum options with AVIXA.
- Provide career support for students who complete the program.
What you receive after partnering with AVIXA:
- Curriculum exchange of AVIXA online and classroom courses
- Resources and preparation towards earning a CTS certification before entering the workforce
- AVIXA membership for students
- Connections to AVIXA member companies at events
- Sponsored trips to tradeshows like InfoComm and Integrated Systems Europe
The more your students can visualize and experience working in the audiovisual industry, the quicker they can decide if a career in AV is for them.
"We were looking to create a new program to address these needs when we first connected with AVIXA. It turned out to be a perfect match. Our plan is to become the premier site for AV technician training in New England. There is a clear demand and great jobs waiting."
Larson Rogers, Dean of Academic Affairs, BFIT
The AVIXA Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization operated for the public good on behalf of AVIXA™, the Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association, producer of InfoComm trade shows around the world, and the international trade association representing the audiovisual industry.