CTS-D Prep Virtual Classroom- Sold Out!
CTS-D Prep can help ease your nerves and boost your confidence before you take the CTS-D exam. In this virtual learning opportunity, three days a week for two weeks, you will practice your test-taking skills and focus on specific areas of AV design you need to focus your study time.
Who Should Take this Course
- Are a current CTS® holder
- Have minimum of two years’ experience in audiovisual design
- Assess client needs
- Prepare AV design documents
- Coordinate and collaborate with other trades to create AV systems that satisfy client requirements
- Explore the CTS®-D exam format
- Learn test-taking strategies and what to expect the day of the exam
- Review design terminology and AV design math skills
- Study the processes associated with designing an AV environment and infrastructure
- Identify CTS-D exam study needs with drills and exercises including concepts, math formulas, vocabulary and diagrams
This course will be taught in six sessions from 1 pm to 5 pm ET on:
-Tuesday September 6
-Wednesday September 7
-Thursday September 8
-Tuesday September 13
-Wednesday September 14
-Thursday September 15
To enroll in this course you will need to be a current CTS holder and have a minimum of two years’ experience in audiovisual design.
It is strongly recommended that students have in-depth knowledge of AV math or have taken AV Math for Design Online. Students should also have experience in system verification or have taken Elements of Setup and Verification Online. Additionally, the CTS-D candidate should take AV Design 1: Environment, AV Design 2: Infrastructure and AV Design 3: Applied Design — or be experienced designers.
We recommend purchasing the CTS-D Exam Guide, and the CTS-D Exam Guide Supplement.
List/Basic: $450 USD
Premium/elite: $405 USD
CTS: 24 | CTS-D: 24 | CTS-I: 24 | Max: 24
Jim Spencer, CTS-D, CTS-I
Jim Spencer is an Audio Video Network Design Professional in the Mendoza College of Business and has been with Notre Dame since 2010. Working in the Ed-Tech group of Mendoza IT, he deals extensively with Audio Visual design and is responsible for picking the technologies that are installed in Mendoza’s classrooms and meeting spaces. He holds AVIXA’s CTS-D and CTS-I accredited certifications as well as several other certifications and honors from other manufacturers and organizations across the technology industry. Jim sits on the Legrand AV Higher Education Council, chairs the CCUMC professional development committee, sits on CCUMC’s conference programming committee, co-chairs the consortium’s emerging tech interest group, and helped write their most recent 5-year strategic plan. When he’s not at work, Jim enjoys motorcycling, 3D printing, and following space news. Jim and his wife, Kassie (also from ND), live in South Bend and have two dogs and a newborn son.
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS-D exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS-D exam. The CTS-D exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Please refer to the CTS-D Candidate Handbook or avixa.org/ctsd for details
06-15 September 2022
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time