Networked AV Systems
This advanced, three-day course explores the impacts of audiovisual systems on networks. Gain an in-depth understanding of network architecture, components, protocols, security, and important considerations to implement AV over the network.
"I thought Networked AV Systems covered many important topics and the instructors did a nice job. I thought the class was helpful and I would definitely recommend the course to my colleagues."
— Mike McIntyre, CTS-D, Diversified
Who Should Take This Course
- Design consultants
- AV and IT managers
- IT professionals who are responsible for designing, implementing, or maintaining networked AV systems
Students should have at least a CTS® certification.
Included in the program is Networking Technology Online. For those not comfortable with IT networks, this online course should be completed before attending Networked AV Systems. You can also take the 40-question NAVS Pretest to see if you're ready for Networked AV Systems.
This three-day course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required. Students are strongly encouraged to bring a laptop computer. During this course, you will:
- Discover client needs for networked systems, beginning with a robust introduction to IT networks and terminology
- Intercept, filter, and read network conversations between AV and IT devices through interactive Wireshark network analyzer demonstrations
- Discuss streaming, digital signage, conferencing, security, service level agreements, remote monitoring and management, and more
- Explore trade-offs between quality and bandwidth, and how to navigate conflicts between network policies and customer demands
- Cross the AV/IT cultural divide by specifying devices for enterprise networks, while navigating conflicts between network policies and customer demands
- Learn how to agree upon, document, and stick to shared expectations for networked systems
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS exam. The CTS exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Please refer to the CTS Candidate Handbook or avixa.org/cts for details.
Certification Renewal Units
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
Join AVIXA, InfoComm Show Daily, and Systems Contractor News for a virtual preview of InfoComm 2021. During this single-day event, you'll get a sneak peek of InfoComm education sessions, the hottest technology on the show floor, and have the ability to network with other InfoComm attendees ahead of the show.