Certified Technology Specialist
A Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) performs general technology solution tasks by:
- Creating, operating, and servicing AV solutions
- Conducting AV management activities that provide for the best audiovisual resolutions of the client's needs, both on time and within budget.
You are not required to take any courses before you take the exam. In fact, if you have many years of AV experience, you might be ready to take the exam now.
Steps to Prepare and Apply
- Read the CTS Candidate Handbook. It provides valuable information about the testing process and includes a copy of the exam application.
- Use the Exam Content Outline, Job Task Analysis and CTS Practice Exam to determine any gaps between your knowledge and skills and those required to pass the exam.
- Submit your CTS Exam Application and fee. You can apply online or download and submit a PDF application via fax, mail or email.
- Once your application has been approved, you will schedule your exam appointment directly with a Pearson VUE testing center near you.
The following materials are provided to help individuals understand all certification program requirements and to direct them to resources that may be useful in preparing for each certification examination.
- CTS Candidate Handbook (Includes Application)
- CTS Exam Content Outline
- CTS Job Task Analysis
- CTS Practice Exam
- CTS Exam Application
- CTS Exam Application (Online Version for North America/Central and South America)
- CTS Exam Application (Online Version for Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia)
- CTS Exam Retest Application
- CTS Reinstatement Application
- CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct Agreement Form
- Scaled Scoring FAQ
- CTS Exam Request for Special Accommodation Form
- CTS Exam Documentation of Disability Needs Form
- Duplicate Certificate Order Form
- Certification Renewal Handbook
- CTS Renewal Application
- Certification Fee Schedule
Locate a Testing Center
Find a Pearson VUE Testing Center near you.
Certification is not a guarantee for performance by certified individuals. Certified Technology Specialist™ (CTS®) holders at all levels of certification have demonstrated audiovisual knowledge and/or skills. Certified individuals adhere to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct and maintain their status through continued education. Certification demonstrates commitment to professional growth in the audiovisual industry and is strongly supported by AVIXA.
All eligibility, application, score reports, special accommodation requests and general inquiries regarding AVIXA certification will be handled through the AVIXA Certification Office, with headquarters located in Fairfax, Va., U.S.A. Purchases of education, membership, or any other AVIXA services are not required to seek certification.
Attn. Certification Office
11242 Waples Mill Rd., Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 1.800.659.7469 or +1.703.273.7200
Free CTS Practice Exam
Assess your skills before you take the real exam to see where you need to focus your studies.
Save With Membership
Become an AVIXA member and save on your exam application fee.
CTS Gift Card
Pre-paid CTS cards are a great way to pay to sit for a CTS exam and take it when you're ready. Purchase for yourself or your team!
Claim Your Digital CTS Badge
We've partnered with Acclaim to help you communicate your CTS, CTS-D and CTS-I credentials.
CTS Marketing Tool Kit
Leverage your investment in employee certification with customizable press releases, logos, business cards, brochures, and bid sheets