CTS-D Prep can help ease your nerves and boost your confidence before you take the CTS®-D exam. Through this course, you will practice your test-taking skills and focus on specific areas of AV design you need to focus your study time.
Who Should Take This Course
- Are a current CTS® holder
- Have minimum of two years’ experience in audiovisual installation
- Assess client needs
- Prepare AV design documents
- Coordinate and collaborate with other trades to create AV systems that satisfy client requirements
It is strongly recommended that students have in-depth knowledge of AV math or have taken AVIXA's AV Math for Design Online. Students should have hands-on experience in both system fabrication and verification, and/or have taken Installation 1: System Fabrication and Installation 2: Setup and Verification.
This course is intended as a final review before the exam.
Use the following resources to assess your knowledge and readiness:
- CTS-D Prep Readiness Checklist
- CTS-D Exam Content Outline
- AV Math Self-Assessment Quiz
Students meet online for four weeks. Instructors deliver live lectures and recorded presentations. Then, complete online reading and assessments to round off your exam preparation.
- Explore the CTS®-D exam format
- Learn test-taking strategies and what to expect the day of the exam
- Review design terminology and AV design math skills
- Study the processes associated with designing an AV environment and infrastructure
- Identify CTS-D exam study needs with drills and exercises including concepts, math formulas, vocabulary and diagrams
- Prepare with practice questions and study drills
- Study with the help of facilitators
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS exam. The CTS exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Please refer to the CTS Candidate Handbook or avixa.org/cts for details.
Pricing and Availability
List/Basic: $1,199 (USD)
Premium: $1,019 (USD)
Elite: $899 (USD)
Save Money: Bring Our Training to Your Office
Get the same expert instruction your staff would receive if they came to classes around the world, but without the added expense of student travel.
CTS Pre-Paid Exam Cards
Pre-paid CTS cards are a great way to pay to sit for a CTS exam and take it when you're ready. Purchase for yourself or your team!