CTS-D Prep can help ease your nerves and boost your confidence before you take the CTS®-D exam. Through this course, you will practice your test-taking skills and focus on specific areas of AV design you need to focus your study time.
Who Should Take This Course
- Are a current CTS® holder
- Have minimum of two years’ experience in audiovisual installation
- Assess client needs
- Prepare AV design documents
- Coordinate and collaborate with other trades to create AV systems that satisfy client requirements
It is strongly recommended that students have in-depth knowledge of AV math or have taken AV Math for Design Online. Additionally, the CTS-D candidate should take AV Design 1: Environment, AV Design 2: Infrastructure and AV Design 3: Applied Design — or be experienced designers. Explore design track courses.
This course is intended as a final review before the exam.
- Explore the CTS®-D exam format
- Learn test-taking strategies and what to expect the day of the exam
- Review design terminology and AV design math skills
- Study the processes associated with designing an AV environment and infrastructure
- Identify CTS-D exam study needs with drills and exercises including concepts, math formulas, vocabulary and diagrams
- Prepare with practice questions and study drills
- Study with the help of facilitators
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS-D exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS-D exam. The CTS-D exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Please refer to the CTS-D Candidate Handbook at avixa.org/ctsd for details.
Certification Renewal Units
In our panel’s discussion, we’ll examine the intricate design process that went into bringing the center to life, along with the world-class technology and monumental collaborative effort needed to create this remarkable experience.