There are huge benefits of providing eSports in education i.e. increase interests in STEM subjects, expanding opportunities, learning valuable skills, and inclusivity. Learn from those who have successfully set up their own eSports programs on how to conduct a needs assessment, define what equipment is required, and create operating procedures that allow technology managers and end-users to effectively use AV/IT resources.
Join us for the July Power Hour to learn how to:
- Identify the pillars of eSports within AV and how they can benefit education.
- Conduct a needs assessment and defining what AV/IT equipment is required and if there is digital inequity.
- Create SOPs that allow staff and end-users to use AV/IT resources for eSports effectively.
Registration Coming Soon
Audiovisual for higher education and learning spaces is one of the fastest-growing market segments, according to AVIXA’s IOTA report. University technology managers, engineers, and AV/IT integrators can get the latest on new trends, technologies, and applications for digital signage systems in AVIXA’s monthly Learning Tech Manager’s Power Hour. Learn more about the Learning Tech Manager's Power Hour series.
Technical Specialist for Lecture Capture (Encore via Panopto)
- Recently appointed Esports Lead to cultivate and facilitate the relationship between the Durham University Esports Society (Durham Defenders) at Durham University and academic/PSS departments. Also to develop Esports as an initiative by creating a functional training/competition space to encourage teamwork and growth.
- Founding member of the DU Esports Advisory Board.
- Advance HE Aurora graduate and Mentor.
- Avid gamer and technology enthusiast.
Regional Manager, UK and Ireland
- Ben Barnard is Regional Manager for AVIXA UK & Ireland and aspires to support the AV community through education, certification, training and providing the industry with access to the resources that are most beneficial to their businesses and professional development.
- Ben has been working closely with various Tech Manager groups over his time at AVIXA and is always keen to learn more about what's relevant and important to this particular segment of our community.
19 July 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time