In this Panel, we’ll look at current and future AV transport options and how these might impact the architecture of our systems. What are the paths that are being traced in networked AV? Don't miss the opportunity to hear from experts on this topic that is so important to AV professionals.
Join the June Power Hour to learn how to:
- Differentiate signal transport types.
- Evaluate current methodologies for signal transport.
- Compare different system architecture implementations.
Director of Product Line Management, Managed Switches
- With extensive experience in networking, professional audiovisual and channel distribution, Laurent is currently the Director of Product Line Management for Managed Switches at NETGEAR and an active member of the board of directors of the SDVoE Alliance (Software Defined Video over Ethernet).
- Prior to this position, Laurent held positions as European Product Marketing Director and Marketing Manager for NETGEAR, focusing on strategic marketing for the Home/Consumer, SMB and Storage products in Europe.
- From 1999 – 2005 Laurent served as Marketing Manager at Inmac-MicroWarehouse, a French mail order and online seller of hardware and software.
- From 1996 – 1999, Laurent was Product Line Manager for network system controllers at Riso France, a supplier of digital duplicators.
- Prior to working at Riso, Laurent spent several years at Microsoft in France, where he held channel marketing positions as well as had retail sales responsibilities.
- Laurent holds a master in management degree from SKEMA Business School, Sophia Antipolis – France.
Paul Mueller, CTS-D
Manager of Central Engineering (National)
- During Paul’s 35 years in the Broadcast and Audiovisual industry he has held positions in Radio, Television and Cable from on-air talent to management.
- During the last 20+ years he has worked through the evolution of AV over IP starting in Non-Linear Editing, Streaming, Unified Communications to today’s cloud offerings.
- Today he provides leadership for AVI Systems' engineering, programming and integration standards.
- The Central Engineering (CE) team develops and maintains methods for improving performance.
- Paul is also a member of the AVIXA Tech Manager Council where he shares and learns from others on the current state of audio-visual leadership.
Pete 'Tec Man' Coman
Chief Technology Officer
PTS - People - Technology - Space
- Pete Coman is award-winning digital workplace experience designer whose career spans 30 years in the tech industry.
- With a background in owning and managing IT companies and installing and programming advanced technology systems, Pete knows what it’s like on both sides of the fence.
- Pete recently moved to New York to take on the role of Chief Technology Officer for PTS and is currently working with organizations to help them re-imagine their workplace by leveraging smart technologies to enhance workplace activities and the user experience.
Tom Kehr, CTS-D, CTS-I, Network+, ISF-C, LEED Green Associate, ATD Master Trainer
System Designer and Trainer
Almo Pro A/V
- Since 1986, Tom has been involved in designing, installing, operating, purchasing and training of professional audiovisual systems.
- Tom has also been heavily involved in church audio, leading ministry teams and training volunteers in both permanent and portable venues.
- In addition, he owned a regional sound reinforcement company for over 16 years.
- Prior to joining Almo, Tom was a senior staff instructor for AVIXA and before that, a senior designer for a large Washington, D.C. area design/build firm.
- He is a member of SynAudCon and AES and is a licensed amateur radio operator.
15 June 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time