Every year, the AVIXA Foundation awards thousands of dollars to students and emerging professionals from secondary, undergraduate and graduate programs, who show a keen interest in pursuing careers in the audiovisual industry.
The 2022 scholarships are open until July 31 at 11:59 pm EST. Apply today!
- 2020 - Iris Douka, New York City City College of Technology, Adam Waldmiller - Rochester Institute of Technology, Esmeralda Monroig, Lincoln Technical Institute
- 2019 - Rachel Brown, University of Minnesota & Ryan DeMello, Oregon State University
- 2018 - Marc Carbon, Goethe-Universität Frankfurt; Matthew Hancock, CTS-D, College of Charleston & Rishabh Waghela, Vidyalankar Institute of Technology (Undergraduate), Northeastern University (Masters)
- 2017 - Jacob Faber, University of British Columbia
- 2016 - Lauren Koske, University of Central Missouri & Sarabeth Mullins, Biola University
- 2015 - Dean Philip, University of South Carolina
- 2014 - Rebecca Nattress, University of Wisconsin-Stout
- 2013 - Mitchell Walker, Georgia Institute of Technology & Dustin Stout, The University of Central Oklahoma
- 2012 - Jeong Sik Yoo, CTS-D, Yale - School of Drama, Technical Design and Production
- 2011 - Kevin Rhodus, CTS-D, Ohio State University
- 2010 - Dawne Meade, CTS, University of Maryland - University College
Michael Vergauwen's LegacyThe memorial fund honors Michael Vergauwen's career achievements in the AV communications industry and his participation in and leadership of the association. Vergauwen's dedication to the industry and to its members serves as a role model for all AVIXA members.
Michael Vergauwen was the COO of AVI Systems and a long-time board member of AVIXA.
Michael took pride in awarding $200,000 in scholarships to deserving recipients. He strongly believed that growth in the AV industry comes from providing opportunities and support to those wanting to enter the industry and those seeking to develop their careers.
His talent — and his kindness — strengthened the AV community. After his death in 2009, AVIXA created this scholarship to carry on his beliefs of strengthening and growing the AV industry through education.
"Michael Vergauwen was a valued member of the Board of Directors and was a tireless advocate for the audiovisual industry. He offered wise counsel and was a good friend to so many of us in the association's family. He will be missed greatly."
Jay Rogina, CTS
Do you have a Michael Verguawen memory you would like to share? Email [email protected].