Installation 1: System Fabrication
Get the knowledge base you need at the point of turning on the AV system. If you want to learn how to test and configure AV systems with hands-on, workshop style instruction, this course is for you. Uncover best practices for optimal performance, proper documentation, and basic troubleshooting.
"System Fabrication has something for everyone in the AV industry, not just technicians. Now, I'm happy to be able to take clients behind the scenes and show them the detail that we put into our work and its value."
Travis Honeycutt, CTS-I, Technical Innovation LLC
Who Should Take This Course
Anyone who works on the AV system after its initial power-up, including:
- Installation technicians
- System integrators
- Others who configure systems, perform testing, and verify compliance with standards and other documentation
This three-day course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required. This course focuses on teaching step-by-step methods and best practices for essential installation skills. During this course, you will:
- Learn to perform a site survey
- Create common terminations using industry best practices
- Test and pull cables
- Build an equipment rack according to a given design
- Wire a rack using proper bend radius and signal separation
- Correctly manage heat load and weight distribution within a rack
- Mount equipment in racks
- Explore working with fiber optic, CAT 6A, SDI and HDMI connections
You may also consider Installation 2: Setup and Verification classroom course for further hands-on, practical experience.
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS exam. The CTS exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center .
- Please refer to the CTS Candidate Handbook or avixa.org/cts for details.
Certification Renewal Units
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
View Cancellation Policy
It has never been easier for integrators to achieve a scalable smart building experience, with open-source machine learning platforms, web-based control systems, an extensive IoT development community and powerful data and analytic tools.
Space planners are now prioritizing the ability to scale and have flexibility within the current office space. By creating this flexibility, we can prepare for different types of work environments for years to come.