Installation 2: Setup and Verification
Get the knowledge base you need at the point of turning on the AV system. If you want to learn how to test and configure AV systems with hands-on, workshop style instruction, this course is for you. Uncover best practices for optimal performance, proper documentation, and basic troubleshooting.
"I recently accepted my current job as a Video Teleconference Coordinator; however, I only had a little AV and videoconferencing experience. My management thought it would be good for me to go to InfoComm and take Installation 2: Setup and Verification. The course and the instructor were great. It seemed like the level of material and instruction were all appropriate. I would recommend Installation 2: Setup and Verification to my colleagues."
— Mike Mascola, NOAA
Who Should Take This Course
Anyone who works on the AV system after its initial power-up, including::
- Installation technicians
- System commissioners
- Assess client needs
- Others who configure systems, perform testing, and verify compliance with standards and other documentation
Students are strongly encouraged to complete Installation 1: System Fabrication for a hands-on approach to termination and installation prior to taking this course.
This three-day course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required. This course focuses on teaching step-by-step methods and best practices for testing, adjusting, and verifying system performance. During this course, you will:
- Learn to set audio processors, gain structure and equalization
- Create a Networked Device Inventory and use network fault detection and troubleshooting tools
- Explore control system signal transport and testing procedures
- Measure and verify projected image system contrast
- Understand digital AV formats
- Learn how to document your progress and finish a project
- Conduct basic system troubleshooting
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS exam. The CTS exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Please refer to the CTS Candidate Handbook or avixa.org/cts for details.
Pricing and Availability
Member: $1,099 (USD)
Non-Member: $1,550 (USD)
Save Money: Bring Our Training to Your Office
Get the same expert instruction your staff would receive if they came to classes around the world, but without the added expense of student travel.