Installation 2: Setup and Verification
Get the knowledge base you need at the point of turning on the AV system. If you want to learn how to test and configure AV systems with hands-on, workshop style instruction, this course is for you. Uncover best practices for optimal performance, proper documentation, and basic troubleshooting.
"I recently accepted my current job as a Video Teleconference Coordinator; however, I only had a little AV and videoconferencing experience. My management thought it would be good for me to go take AVIXA's Installation 2: Setup and Verification. The course and the instructor were great. It seemed like the level of material and instruction were all appropriate. I would recommend this course to my colleagues."
— Mike Mascola, NOAA
Who Should Take This Course
Anyone who works on the AV system after its initial power-up, including:
- Installation technicians
- System commissioners
- Others who configure systems, perform testing, and verify compliance with standards and other documentation
Students are strongly encouraged to complete Installation 1: System Fabrication for a hands-on approach to termination and installation prior to taking this course.
This three-day course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required. This course focuses on teaching step-by-step methods and best practices for testing, adjusting, and verifying system performance. During this course, you will:
- Learn to set audio processors, gain structure and equalization
- Create a Networked Device Inventory and use network fault detection and troubleshooting tools
- Explore control system signal transport and testing procedures
- Measure and verify projected image system contrast
- Understand digital AV formats
- Learn how to document your progress and finish a project
- Conduct basic system troubleshooting
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass a CTS exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for a CTS exam. A CTS exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Learn more about the CTS credentials.
Certification Renewal Units
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
Pricing and Availability
List/Basic Price: $1,199 (USD)
Premium Price: $1,099 (USD)
Elite Price: $899 (USD)
Save Money: Bring Our Training to Your Office
Get the same expert instruction your staff would receive if they came to classes around the world, but without the added expense of student travel.