Specialist ― Design
A Certified Technology
- Assesses client's needs
- Designs AV systems
- Prepares AV design documents
- Coordinates and collaborates with other professionals to create AV systems that satisfy client's requirements
Steps to Prepare and Apply
- Make sure you meet the CTS-D prerequisites: at least two years of design experience and a valid CTS.
- Read the CTS-D Candidate Handbook. It provides valuable information about the testing process and includes a copy of the application.
- Before your schedule your exam, you are invited to talk to an AVIXA staff instructor for a complimentary readiness assessment. To schedule a time, email email@example.com.
- Use the Exam Content Outline, Job Task Analysis, and CTS-D Practice Exam to determine any gaps
betweenyour knowledge and skills and those required to pass the exam.
- Submit your CTS-D Exam Application to AVIXA by fax, mail or email.
- Once your application has been approved, you will schedule your exam appointment directly with a Pearson VUE testing center near you.
CTS-D candidates will have access to all relevant math formulas on the computer screen while they test.
The following materials are provided to help individuals understand all certification program requirements and to direct them to resources that may be useful in preparing for each certification examination.
Locate a Testing Center
Find a Pearson VUE Testing Center near you.
Certification is not a guarantee for performance by certified individuals. Certified Technology Specialist™ (CTS®) holders at all levels of certification have demonstrated audiovisual knowledge and/or skills. Certified individuals adhere to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct and maintain their status through continued education. Certification demonstrates
All eligibility, application, score reports, special accommodation requests and general inquiries regarding AVIXA certification will be handled through the AVIXA Certification Office, with headquarters located in Fairfax, Va., U.S.A. Purchases of education, membership or any other AVIXA services are not required to seek certification.
Attn. Certification Office
11242 Waples Mill Rd., Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 1.800.659.7469 or +1.703.273.7200
Save With Membership
Become an AVIXA member and save on your exam application fee.
CTS Gift Card
Pre-paid CTS cards are a great way to pay to sit for a CTS exam and take it when you're ready. Purchase for yourself or your team!
Read how Danny Pratt, CTS-D, conquered the CTS-D exam and earned a promotion at his dream job.
Claim Your Digital CTS Badge
We've partnered with Acclaim to help you communicate your CTS, CTS-D and CTS-I credentials.