Mental Health Support for AV Professionals
Mental Health Support Organisation in the Asia-Pacific Region
The following list contains a selection of support organisations in the Asia-Pacific region for those in need of mental health support. Please note that this list is non-exhaustive and may be updated on regular basis.
Read the 5 Takeaways from the Mental Health in AV Today panel discussion (19 August 2020) at Integrate Virtual Series. A link to the recording of the panel discussion will be made available.
If you have recommendations for further relevant support organisations, please contact Liz Shaw, Marketing Manager Asia-Pacific at email@example.com
Source: Australia Counseling
- Australia Government, National Mental Health Commission
Provides comprehensive resources related to mental health issues and disorders.
Organisation that initiate their services through friendship, support and mutual help within the community.
- Lifeline Australia
- Mental Health Australia
- Mental Health Foundation of Australia (Victoria)
- Mental Health Association NSW
- Mental Health Association QLD
- Mind Australia
One of the leading mental health services providers in Victoria and Southern Australia
- Sane Australia
Raises awareness on mental health and creates online support groups for people suffering from mental illness.
Source: New Zealand, Ministry of Health
- Depression.org.nz: Part of the National Depression Initiative, a national Public Health programme. Offers also a free course to help recognise and combat depression and anxiety.
- Like Minds, Like Mine: National anti-stigma campaign to increase social inclusion and to reduce stigma and discrimination towards people with experience of mental illness.
- Mental Health Crisis Services: Can be contacted by selecting the phone number relevant to your residence area.
- Befrienders: Provides emotional support 24/7
- Malaysian Mental Health Association (MMHA): Provides support via phone line on mental health issues.
- MIASA: Offers support groups and other mental health services for patients and carers.
- SOLS Health: Connecting clients to accessible individual, family and community mental health and nutritional services with an emphasis on combating the stigma of mental health in Malaysia.
- Relate Malaysia: offers online psychotherapy at affordable rates to all Malaysian residents as a community service.
- #MentalHealthPH: A campaign that aims to create a safe community of people, and friends of people with mental health problems and to promote and protect mental health in the Philippines.
- Singapore Association for Mental Health
- Resources Directory on Mental Health Services in Singapore: Contains list of mental health support organisations and contact information.
There are 37 Government run mental health facilities and several private hospitals & NGOs operating in India.
Overview of list of mental health institutes in India (Source: Wikipedia)
- National Institute of Mental Health & Neurosciences
- CIMBS Peace of Mind
- The Banyan
- Sanjivini - Society for Mental Health