What sets conferencing audio apart from other audio projects and how do you complete an audio-conferencing project with expertise?
Join this July Power Hour to learn how to:
- Handle advanced technologies such as auto-detecting installed components, auto-configuring the devices into coherent solutions, and auto-optimizing audio performance for the room audio environment.
- Identify real-world environments and application challenges these new technologies are designed to benefit.
Audio conferencing systems and audio equipment in collaboration spaces are evolving rapidly to support remote and hybrid workforces. Audio engineers, audiovisual systems designers, and integrators can enhance their knowledge of audio technologies and trends in AVIXA’s Audio Power Hour. Learn more about the Audio Power Hour series.
Jim Smith, CTS-D
Channel Systems Engineer
- Jim will be supporting consultants and AV integrators in the design and deployment of Poly conferencing technologies.
- Jim has been involved in the design and integration of innovative electronic systems for more than 25 years.
- His experience includes design of audio system electronics, telephone interfaces, cameras and other subsystems while at PictureTel.
- He was heavily involved in the development of Certified Videoconferencing Engineer testing and certification programs at both PictureTel and Polycom.
- Prior to the communications industry, Smith was involved in the design and development of advanced electronics for military laser and smart-weapons systems.
- He has been published in the AVIXA reissue of the Wadsworth classic The Basics of Audio and Visual Systems Design, The BICSI System Integration Handbook, and was awarded full faculty status by AVIXA.
- He is frequently called upon as a consultant in the use and applications of conferencing technology by companies around the world.
Technical Sales Engineer
- Kathryn works at Audinate as a Technical Sales Engineer providing pre-sales support and training for AV integrators, consultants and end users on Dante.
- Prior to joining Audinate, Kathryn spent many years working at Berklee College of Music in a variety of technical roles designing, supporting and training on audio technology.
Audio Visual Technician
1 Wimpole Street
- Maddie Vining is a Senior Audio Visual Technician at 1 Wimpole Street, home of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- With over eight years of experience in conferencing and meeting technology, she strives to achieve the optimum user experience utilizing the best tech tools available.
- The 1 Wimpole Street AV Team have been named ‘Best In-House AV Team’ at 2013 AV Awards, ‘Most Innovative and Tech-Friendly Venue’ at 2016 Event Technology Awards, 'In-House AV Team of the year' at the 2017 Install Awards, and 'best in-house technology' at the 2017 Academic venue awards.
- Maddie also received the individual accolade of ‘Rising Star’ at the 2016 Install Awards.
- As well as being responsible for tech support for 700+ meetings and events a year at the venue and online, Maddie is also very active in the wider AV community and likes to keep her finger on the pulse of the latest technology trends by participating in meetings and other AV industry events and training courses.
Thom Mullins CTS, CTS-D
Senior Audiovisual Consultant/Project Manager
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
- Over a 45-year career, Thom Mullins has worked across a wide variety of AV industry markets including higher education, corporate, broadcast and recording, government/public, healthcare, and manufacturing for projects in the US and overseas.
- Starting in broadcasting, he moved into low-voltage contracting and ultimately into consulting.
- He remains actively involved in operating systems, standards development with AVIXA, mentoring young professionals, and education.
28 July 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time