This course has recently been updated so you can focus on specific areas. The description below is an overview of what you will learn.
If you are a Premium or Elite Member, visit our training catalog to see all the available modules. They should already be in your dashboard.
Explore the modules:
CTS Prep: Audio
CTS Prep: Creating AV Solutions
CTS Prep: Implementing AV Solutions
CTS Prep: Servicing AV Solutions
CTS Prep: Video
CTS Prep: Networking
If you’re having difficulty accessing these modules, contact us.
CTS Prep can help ease your nerves and boost your confidence before you take the CTS® exam. Through this course, you will practice your test-taking skills and focus on specific areas of AV design you need to focus your study time.
"I would definitely recommend CTS Prep to anyone seeking to pass the CTS exam. Some of the best information I got from the course was the memorization tricks like VIR and PIV formulas."
Doyle, CTS, University of Illinois Chicago
Who Should Take This
Peoplewho are preparing for AVIXA’s Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) credential
It is strongly recommended that students pass the AVIXA-Recognized AV Technologist Test before taking CTS Prep.
Students needing extra preparation in AV math are recommended to take AV Math Online.
In this three-day course you will:
- Explore the CTS® exam format
- Work collaboratively
- Learn test-taking strategies and what to expect the day of the exam
- Study with the help of industry experts
- Identify CTS exam study needs with drills and exercises including concepts, math formulas, vocabulary and diagrams
- Review exam content areas including creating, operating, and servicing AV solutions, as well as conducting management activities
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS exam. The CTS exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Please refer to the CTS Candidate Handbook or avixa.org/cts for details.
It has never been easier for integrators to achieve a scalable smart building experience, with open-source machine learning platforms, web-based control systems, an extensive IoT development community and powerful data and analytic tools.
Space planners are now prioritizing the ability to scale and have flexibility within the current office space. By creating this flexibility, we can prepare for different types of work environments for years to come.