This course is a core knowledge class for all AV professionals. You will learn the basics of networking from an AV perspective, while gaining the tools you need to have a meaningful conversation with your IT peers. It also offers hands-on computer labs to help you practice the skills you’ll take back to work with you.
"I took Networking Technology because in the industry that I am in we are starting to see more and more of a shift to everything being on a network. We have to deal with IT and building infrastructure on a daily basis and we wanted to get a better understanding of network terminology and how it works. My direct supervisor required all of our staff to take the course. I would recommend this course because it gives you a basic foundation on networking"
— Chris Anners, CTS-I, Whitlock
Who Should Take This Course
AV professionals, who design, implement, maintain or manage networked AV systems, including:
- Designers who use network infrastructure for signal transportation or control
- Installers who connect gear to a network or configure network settings
- Service providers who troubleshoot network-connected systems
- Candidates for any CTS® certification needing extra study on networking
- Students intending to take the advanced course Networked AV Systems
- Any AV professional who wants to prepare for the future of AV
Students should have at least a CTS® certification.
It is strongly recommended that students complete Essentials of AV Technology before taking this course
This three-day classroom course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required. During this course, you will:
- Review how to discuss AV network requirements with your IT stakeholders
- Compare and contrast the most common network-based AV transmission protocols
- Interpret IP addresses and subnets
- Identify network security threats and countermeasures
- Use common network diagnostic tools and perform basic network troubleshooting
Certification Renewal Units
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
Join AVIXA, InfoComm Show Daily, and Systems Contractor News for a virtual preview of InfoComm 2021. During this single-day event, you'll get a sneak peek of InfoComm education sessions, the hottest technology on the show floor, and have the ability to network with other InfoComm attendees ahead of the show.