This course is a core knowledge class for all AV professionals. You will learn the basics of networking from an AV perspective, while gaining the tools you need to have a meaningful conversation with your IT peers. It also offers hands-on computer labs to help you practice the skills you’ll take back to work with you.
"I took Networking Technology because in the industry that I am in we are starting to see more and more of a shift to everything being on a network. We have to deal with IT and building infrastructure on a daily basis and we wanted to get a better understanding of network terminology and how it works. My direct supervisor required all of our staff to take the course. I would recommend this course because it gives you a basic foundation on networking"
— Chris Anners, CTS-I, Whitlock
Who Should Take This Course
AV professionals, who design, implement, maintain or manage networked AV systems, including:
- Designers who use network infrastructure for signal transportation or control
- Installers who connect gear to a network or configure network settings
- Service providers who troubleshoot network-connected systems
- Candidates for any CTS® certification needing extra study on networking
- Students intending to take the advanced course Networked AV Systems
- Any AV professional who wants to prepare for the future of AV
Students should have at least a CTS® certification.
It is strongly recommended that students complete Essentials of AV Technology before taking this course
This three-day classroom course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required. During this course, you will:
- Review how to discuss AV network requirements with your IT stakeholders
- Compare and contrast the most common network-based AV transmission protocols
- Interpret IP addresses and subnets
- Identify network security threats and countermeasures
- Use common network diagnostic tools and perform basic network troubleshooting
Certification Renewal Units
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
Pricing and Availability
Basic/List: $1,199 (USD)
Premium: $1,019 (USD)
Elite: $899 (USD)
Save Money: Bring Our Training to Your Office
Get the same expert instruction your staff would receive if they came to classes around the world, but without the added expense of student travel.