AV Design 2: Infrastructure
Explore how a building's physical structure can dramatically affect AV design. This course emphasizes working with other trades, including electrical, acoustics, lighting, industry codes, mounting, HVAC, and architects. Through instructor lecture and collaborative group work, you will learn critical considerations that will help you design better systems for your customers.
"The design courses definitely helped me prepare for the CTS®-D exam. I felt so confident from the course and passed on my first try."
— Graham Espe, CTS-D, CTS-I, Hamilton College
Who Should Take This Course
Anyone who reads, works with or creates AV designs, including:
This three-day instructor-led classroom course is eight hours per day. Additional evening work may be required.
Students will also produce a complete drawing package based on several real-world scenarios they might encounter on the job.
The course covers the following topics:
- Coordinate with allied trades to ensure the AV system's infrastructure needs are met
- Identify lighting needs for the AV space
- Evaluate structural and mechanical considerations based on the AV system requirements
- Produce electrical specifications for safety and signal integrity
- Recommend acoustical criteria for the AV space
Certification Renewal Units
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
Save Money: Bring Our Training to Your Office
Get the same expert instruction your staff would receive if they came to classes around the world, but without the added expense of student travel.