AVIXA Women’s Council
If you are an Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association (AVIXA) member who wants to support women in our industry — whether you’re a woman or a man — you are invited to join this council.
To provide a global community of AVIXA members and other professionals committed to supporting and empowering women who work in the technology and AV industry.
Career Empowerment Alliances
Career Empowerment Alliances are groups of eight–ten women that meet virtually each month. In these groups, AVIXA Women’s Council members dive into topics related to career advancement, work-life balance, conflict resolution and much more. Each group has a facilitator to organize the meetings and provide members monthly training materials. These groups are built on a mutual respect and trust which grows over time. Being in such a group connects members with mentors at various levels of experience that can help guide them throughout their careers. Join Today!
Our Local Groups meet regularly in a local area to get together to learn, network and build lasting relationships with other women in the industry. These groups are still forming across the globe so if you are interested in starting one or joining an
existing group, please fill out the interest form and we will get you connected!
AVIXA Women’s Council Chair
Read about Brandy's work in the AV industry and on the Women's Council.
AVIXA Women's Council Staff Liaison
Manager of Professional Society Member Programs
Activities and Resources
- See how Sherri Beck, Director of Learning and Development of AVI-SPL, encourages women in her company and the Tampa area to get involved in technology: Embracing the Community of Women in AV
- Looking to contribute to your local group? Find out how your local involvement can impact our global mission.
- Remembering Rosie and Why Now, More Than Ever, We're Like Her
- 2020 AVIXA Women's Council Breakfast Highlights
- Webinar: Afraid to Speak Up? Move the Needle from Self Doubt
- Webinar: Mavens Share the Power, Lead with Style & Build Rock Stars!
- Webinar: Talent Management Retention: How to Build the Team You Need for Success
- Webinar: Amplify Your Brand With Passion & Purpose & the downloadable Personal Brand Shield
Date: Tuesday, December 1
Time: 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. EST
Date: Tuesday, December 1
Time: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. EST
Join us for a networking event where you will hear from Technology Leaders in the Higher Education Space.
Date: Wednesday, December 9
Time: 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. EST
Speaker: Rebecca Johnson, ViDL Solutions
While most people know the importance of taking care of their health, many still struggle to prioritize self-care and make sustainable changes in health behaviors. This can be especially true during times of transition or increased stress. Research indicates that connecting our daily choices to something greater than ourselves serves as a powerful motivator for change and can help us more consistently show up as the best version of ourselves. This session will offer participants:
-An opportunity to create clarity on purpose and align health behaviors to what’s most important to them at this stage in life
-Insights on the relationship between health behaviors, energy and performance
-New insights into physical, mental and emotional wellbeing and practical strategies they can use immediately to improve these areas of their lives
In keeping with tradition, we are will be collecting donations for Toys for Tots in conjunction with this fourth quarter event. Please help us by supporting our holiday fundraising efforts.