CTS-D Prep Virtual Classroom
Prepare to excel in the CTS-D® (Certified Technology Specialist in Design) exam with our CTS-D Prep course. This program is tailored to boost your confidence, refine your test-taking skills, and focus your study efforts on specific aspects of AV design.
Who Should Enroll
This course is intended for professionals who:
- Currently hold the CTS credential.
- Possess a minimum of two years' experience in audiovisual design.
- Engage in assessing client needs.
- Create AV design documents.
- Collaborate with other trades to create AV systems that meet client requirements
It is highly recommended that students have a solid foundation in AV Math or have completed the AV Math and AV Math for Design courses.
This comprehensive three days a week for two weeks instructor-led classroom course runs for four hours each day, with potential additional evening study requirements.
Key elements of the course include:
- Exploring the CTS-D exam format.
- Acquiring effective test-taking strategies and gaining insights into what to expect on exam day.
- Reviewing essential design terminology and honing AV design mathematical skills.
- Studying the processes involved in designing an AV environment and infrastructure.
- Identifying specific CTS-D exam study needs through drills and exercises that cover concepts, math formulas, vocabulary, and diagrams.
- Preparing with practice questions and study drills.
- Receiving guidance from experienced facilitators.
- Completion of the CTS-D Prep program does not guarantee that participants will pass the CTS-D exam.
- Please note that this program may not comprehensively cover all the topics listed in the exam content outline.
- Registering for the CTS-D Prep course does not automatically enroll you for the CTS-D exam. The CTS-D exam requires a separate application, payment, and scheduling at a Pearson Vue testing center.
- Eligibility requirements for the CTS-D exam include holding a current CTS credential and having a minimum of two years' experience in AV design. Candidates should review the CTS-D candidate handbook for a comprehensive list of eligibility requirements for the CTS-D exam before enrolling in this course.
CTS-D Prep is your essential companion to boost your confidence and knowledge as you prepare for the CTS-D exam, equipping you with the expertise and test-taking skills required for success in AV design.
This course will be taught in six sessions from 1 pm to 5 pm ET on:
-Tuesday April 23
-Wednesday April 24
-Thursday April 25
-Tuesday April 30
-Wednesday May 1
-Thursday May 2
*Class recordings are for internal purposes only and are not available to registrants.
List/Basic: $700 USD
Premium/elite: $630 USD
CTS: 24 | CTS-D: 24 | CTS-I: 24 | Max: 24
Jim Spencer, CTS-D, CTS-I
AV Field Solutions Architect
- Jim Spencer is the AV Field Solutions Architect for higher education at CDW-G.
- Prior to joining the team at CDW, he worked at the University of Notre Dame for almost 14 years and was with a small integrator before that.
- As part of CDW-G's classroom modernization team, he helps schools from all over the country with AV projects of every size and shape.
- Jim holds AVIXA’s CTS-D and CTS-I accredited certifications as well as several other certifications and honors from manufacturers and organizations across the industry.
- When he’s not at work, Jim enjoys motorcycling, 3D printing, and following space news.
23 Apr - 02 May 2024
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time