Bad conferencing audio predates COVID, and with how radically social interactions have changed over the past year, bad audio is guaranteed to continue after COVID unless systems are adapted to customers’ new needs. Join this moderated panel discussion for practical tips on how to improve both virtual and in-person audio experiences in a masked and socially distanced world.
The panel will discuss topics such as how to handle excessive background noise and poor lip-sync on a virtual call, how to measure and improve speech intelligibility in a space, how to design for hearing accessibility for socially distanced conference participants.
This is a live Q&A session, and the panel encourages you to submit your questions both before and during the event. To submit a question before the event, please email it to email@example.com.
Thank you to Shure for sponsoring this event.
Audio conferencing systems and audio equipment in collaboration spaces are evolving rapidly to support remote and hybrid workforces. Audio engineers, audiovisual systems designers, and integrators can enhance their knowledge of audio technologies and trends in AVIXA’s Audio Power Hour. Learn more about the Audio Power Hour series.
Troy Jensen, CTS-D
Manager Sr, Global Accounts
- Troy Jensen has been involved in the audiovisual industry for over 30 years in various capacities.
- His expertise includes Architectural Acoustics, Audio/Video System Design, and Project/Business Management.
- He has held high-level consulting/management positions with a variety of top-notch AV industry practices.
- His involvement in the industry includes contributions within the Manufacturing, Consulting Engineering, Music Production, Live Sound Reinforcement, and Systems Integration aspects of the business.
- He is also certified on several computer predictive techniques as they relate to acoustics and audiovisual systems design and is trained on several measurement systems to document the performance of these spaces/systems.
National Key Account Manager
- Jay Paul's 40 plus year career in the pro audio and AV industry sprung from a passion for music and aptitude for live sound production.
- His production interest evolved into interest in the design of systems, which spurred his engagement of training opportunities offered by SynAudCon, NSCA, AVIXA, and a plethora of manufacturers of pro audio and AV products.
- His resume includes design and/or commissioning of numerous systems used for performing arts, worship, auditoria, courtrooms, and sports venues, as well as classrooms, boardrooms, meeting rooms, and conference spaces.
- Jay's career transitioned from implementation to sales when he joined Biamp, a leading manufacturer and solution provider of audio and video technology for communications.
- Jay is a contributor to the AVIXA Dynamic Range standards group.
Aveo Systems, Inc.
- Dr. Richardson is the CEO of Aveo Systems, Inc., a company focused on simplifying how AV products are used, controlled, and managed by organizations.
- With the introduction of Mira Connect, partners and facility managers can easily use, customize, and manage their AV systems from anywhere.
- Previously Richardson was vice president of global sales at Symetrix, and before that led Polycom’s Installed Voice Business for more than ten years building the SoundStructure audio conferencing products.
Jim Smith, CTS-D
Director, Technical and Application Development
Sound Control Technologies
- With over 30 years of experience designing and integrating innovative electronic systems for the communication industry, Jim Smith, CTS-D of Sound Control Technologies, is a globally recognized expert on audio/video conferencing technology.
- While his early career involved designing and developing electronics for laser beam control and smart weapons systems, Jim later became a major contributor to the development of integrated videoconferencing systems and skill certification programs with both PictureTel and Polycom.
- A published author who was awarded full faculty status by AVIXA, Jim served on AVIXA’s Standards Steering Committee and currently moderates the Dynamic Range standards task group.
Thom Mullins CTS, CTS-D
Senior Audiovisual Consultant/Project Manager
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
- Over a 45-year career, Thom Mullins has worked across a wide variety of AV industry markets including higher education, corporate, broadcast and recording, government/public, healthcare, and manufacturing for projects in the US and overseas.
- Starting in broadcasting, he moved into low-voltage contracting and ultimately into consulting.
- He remains actively involved in operating systems, standards development with AVIXA, mentoring young professionals, and education.
05 May 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time