Explore the Full List of Webinars in the Training Catalog.
Browse the Catalog
- Click “Education.”
- Scroll down until you see “Type” listed on the left.
- Select “Webinars.”
Saw something you really wanted to know about but the date didn’t work for your schedule? Check out the recorded webinars below.
Note: You do not earn RUs with recorded webinars.
Sponsored by: LINDY
This webinar will deal specifically with cable connections over great distances. To put it simply: how can one extend the maximum transmission distance of wired systems, with technologies such as extenders or repeaters, over ever longer distances. High performance cable technologies are available, which ensure the reliable distribution of AV signals. Learn how this technology can be applied in the events industry and permanent digital signage applications in order to have a very high transmission quality.
- Understand why we need extension technologies for long distance signal transmission instead of simply using a long cable
- Learn about the existing extension technologies for transmitting high performance AV signals over long distances
- Understand the differences between the single extension technologies
- Identify the different media and which extension technology should used in specific environments to transmit AV signals reliably over long distances
Chris Shipley, Product Manager AV Technologies, LINDY United Kingdom
Chris has been with LINDY United Kingdom for over eight years. He is responsible for the research, evaluation and introduction of new technology products for inclusion into LINDY's product range. He has a strong technical background, previously working as a Technical Engineer in various roles around the North East of England supporting blue chip organisations such as the BBC, Siemens and AMEC. His interests and skills span a wide range of subjects including network installation, data backup solutions, server hardware commissioning. Away from work, he has personal interests in AV installation, automotive maintenance and building / electrical work.