NOTE: This class is archived
AVIXA has been in the business of educating the AV industry with technical training for a long time. As a way to ensure that we can keep bringing you updated content like our forthcoming course on AV over IP called AVoIP Foundations, unfortunately, we cannot maintain some of our older content like the current course.
That said, we feel that this content, at its core, can still be useful to many of our members so we’ve decided to keep it live, but forgive any of its dated elements for now. Some of those graphics sure are dated!
We hope to be able to get back to this content soon to give it a much-needed facelift and update, but, for now, we hope you still find the content useful.
And be sure to check out our new content like AVoIP Foundations when it is released or many of our other updated offerings.
Tackle high-level project management principles with industry expert Brad Malone, PMP. Through short, streaming videos and mixed media, walk step-by-step through customized content to address your specific AV needs.
"I felt Project Management Online had a lot of useful information and was a very realistic class that showed how an AV project unfolds. I would highly recommend Project Management Online to my colleagues."— Lou Ann Koebel, CTS-I, University of Illinois
This online course allows you to learn at your own pace, while testing your knowledge along the way. Included are downloadable templates for project documentation. Upon course completion, you will:
- Learn to sell, plan, execute and complete an AV project successfully
- Explore critical knowledge areas of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
- Define and understand the typical AV industry project life cycle(s) and project stakeholders
- Determine requirements and validate assumptionsIdentify the important project metrics to be captured, measured and analyzed within the typical AV industry methodology
- Create scope statement and work breakdown structure describing applicable project deliverables
Prerequisites: Although not required, this course can be supplemented with Essentials of AV Technology. Students may also find the following resources helpful as preparation:
- Audiovisual Systems Project Documentation Sample
- Audiovisual Best Practices
Who Should Take This Course?
- Project managers seeking to improve PM skills
- Managers who oversee engineering, technical and project management staff
- AV technicians promoted to a position requiring project management skills
- CTS® holders who need continuing education renewal units (RUs)
- Candidates preparing for the CTS exams
- Sales personnel who sell integrated, on-time projects to their clients
Further Study: Essentials of AV Technology Online