NOTE: This class is archived
AVIXA has been in the business of educating the AV industry with technical training for a long time. As a way to ensure that we can keep bringing you updated content like our forthcoming course on AV over IP called AVoIP Foundations, unfortunately, we cannot maintain some of our older content like the current course.
That said, we feel that this content, at its core, can still be useful to many of our members so we’ve decided to keep it live, but forgive any of its dated elements for now. Some of those graphics sure are dated!
We hope to be able to get back to this content soon to give it a much-needed facelift and update, but, for now, we hope you still find the content useful.
And be sure to check out our new content like AVoIP Foundations when it is released or many of our other updated offerings.
This online course teaches the most common steps involved in setting up AV for events, meetings, conferences and classrooms. It pairs video demonstrations of installation and setup, with easy to understand step-by-step procedures to do the job right. It is great for new employees. This online course allows to you learn at your own pace, testing your knowledge along the way. Your supervisor can even track your progress as you work. Students receive complementary downloadable references to use right away on the job.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Explore best practices for setting up and creating memorable AV experiences for clients
- Practice connecting equipment in proper sequence, using interactive media
- Explore pipe and drape installation and folding screen setup
- Learn solutions for frequent troubleshooting problems
Prerequisites: Students are strongly encouraged to complete AV Math for Design Online.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Newly hired staff responsible for AV event setup
- Event planners and educational AV techs
- Any staff responsible for setting up an event that includes audiovisual experiences
Further Study: Staging and Events Management
After completion of this course, students are recommended to download AV Setup Guide for Events, Meetings, Conferences, and Classrooms to use as a resource.