Sponsored by: Blue Jeans
In this webinar, learn how to determine the common causes of a poor conferencing experience. Review what to look for and the right questions to ask to determine whether it’s the system, room, or user. The discussion will also include the best ways to quickly zero in on possible issues and promptly fix the problem.
• Identify likely points of failure within conferencing system components.
• Communicate remotely or in-person with conference participants to enable fixes.
• Outline troubleshooting steps to identify sources of failure.
Workspace trends are moving towards smaller, more flexible spaces, with more remote working over the long-term according to AVIXA’s IOTA report. Corporate technology managers and integrators can get the latest on key developments and trends for the digital workplace in AVIXA’s monthly Conferencing and Collaboration Power Hour.
This Power Hour series also includes:
March 8: Livestreaming 201: How tech managers can produce great corporate meetings for streaming.
April 12: Choosing the Right Gear: Evaluate when to adapt existing systems and when to upgrade to keep conference rooms relevant with fluctuations of remote and in-person participants.
May 10: Where is the Workplace Now? Halfway through 2021, a look at the current state of remote workforces and the effects on AV/IT staff and infrastructure.
Master Systems Designer
- Peter Coman is award-winning designer whose career spans 30+ years in the technology industry.
- With a background in owning and managing IT companies and installing and programming advanced technology systems, Pete knows what it’s like on both sides of the fence.
- Peter continually immerses and educates himself in the latest state-of-the-art and emerging technologies, working at all levels from installation and programming to design, consulting, project management and education.
Senior Technical Account Manager
BlueJeans by Verizon
- 30+ year veteran of video communication technologies and audio/visual system integration.
- Assisted with advanced system integration activities along with Scott Sharer/CDG, Inc. for NASA, Dept of Justice and numerous DoD clients.
- In-depth training engagements for corporate, public and federal government clients.
- 10 years experience at BlueJeans with specialty focus on supporting Tier-1 customers and improving user experience in collaboration activities.
AV Support Engineer, Learning Environments, Information Technology Services
University of Southern California
- A life-long audio engineer and audiovisual professional, Kanika graduated from the University of Southern California in 2014 with degrees in Music Industry and Japanese and has since pursued an audio focused career in the entertainment and education industries.
- Kanika has held positions with Meyer Sound, Electrosonic, the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, and USC, while working as a freelance audio technician and engineer.
- Currently, working for USC’s Learning Environments department Kanika has facilitated the transition from live classroom to virtual classroom with the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Holly Clausen, CTS
- When Holly thinks about who uses the AV system, she thinks of three main players: the end user, the integrator, and the client.
- In her experience, she has been able to walk in the end-users shoes during my beginnings as a help desk technician, communicate with integration companies as the 'client' during her time working professionally in higher education, as well as design and deploy AV systems in her current role as a Project Engineer.
- This presentation will focus on how to view an AV design holistically with that systems life span and users in mind.
- Shannon is a graduate of Academy of Art University. She holds a BFA in audio post-production.
- She’s a NorCal native and has been in the Bay Area for 10 years.
- She got her start in audio visual while working at Guitar Center SF.
- Her experience lies in corporate live events and AV design and integration.
- Before Instacart Shannon was responsible for configuration and commissioning of AV systems for Apple as well as designing systems for Bay Area clientele.
- Over the past 2 years at Instacart, Shannon has worn many hats ranging from live event support, break/fix, and integration vendor project management.
- Creativity while conducting needs analysis have aided in the AV team at Instacart keep up with a quickly scaling enterprise.
- She's learned that it all comes down to team work, organization, and of course signal flow.