CTS-D Prep Virtual Classroom
Practice your test-taking skills and focus on specific areas of AV design you need to study before taking the CTS-D exam.
Who Should Take This Course
- Are current CTS® holders
- Have minimum of two years’ experience in audiovisual design
- Assess client needs
- Prepare AV design documents
- Coordinate and collaborate with other trades to create AV systems that satisfy client requirements
It is strongly recommended that students have in-depth knowledge of AV math or have taken AV Math for Design Online. Students should also have experience in system verification or have taken Setup and Verification. Additionally, the CTS-D candidate should take AV Design 1: Environment, AV Design 2: Infrastructure and AV Design 3: Applied Design — or be experienced designers. Explore design track courses.
This course is intended as a final review before the exam.
Students meet online for four weeks. Instructors deliver live lectures and recorded presentations. Then, complete online reading and assessments to round off your exam preparation.
In this course you will:
- Explore the CTS®-D exam format
- Learn test-taking strategies and what to expect the day of the exam
- Review design terminology and AV design math skills
- Study the processes associated with designing an AV environment and infrastructure
- Identify CTS-D exam study needs with drills and exercises including concepts, math formulas, vocabulary and diagrams
- Prepare with practice questions and study drills
- Study with the help of facilitators
- Review math with AV Math for Design Online
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS exam. The CTS exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Please refer to the CTS Candidate Handbook or avixa.org/cts for details.
Certification Renewal Units
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
CTS Pre-Paid Exam Cards
Pre-paid CTS cards are a great way to pay for a CTS exam and take it when you're ready. Purchase for yourself or your team!