All three certifications are ANSI accredited under the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) ISO/IEC 17024:2012 General Requirements for Bodies Operating Certification Schemes of Persons program.
Read more about ANSI Accreditation
Certification shows your commitment to being the best, in the AV field and for your company. Give yourself the CTS advantage.
Benefits of Certification
Your certification is yours to keep. If you decide to change jobs, your CTS goes with you.
- Self-confidence and the ability to sell your work more effectively to clients
- Evidence of technical proficiency and professionalism
- Increased credibility among co-workers
- Increased customer confidence
- Increased value, recognition and marketability of the CTS credential
- Adherence to a strict code of ethics and conduct
For your organization
The CTS credential is at the top of the list when it comes to job specs.
- Reassurance to clients of competency, experience and ethical behavior
- Increased consumer confidence
- A commitment to excellence shown by hiring CTS professionals
- Lower cost for professional liability insurance
Specify the CTS Difference in your next project
- Reassurance of competency, experience and ethical behavior
- An open, tested, clear set of industry standards to evaluate audiovisual providers
- Professionals who are held to a high standard of ethics and conduct
For the AV industry
- A respected career path for AV professionals
- An open, tested, clear set of industry standards by which consumers can evaluate audiovisual providers
Stay in the Loop
Thinking about getting your team or yourself certified?
Keep up to date and have CTS inspiration delivered to your inbox in our monthly CTS newsletter.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Certification is not a guarantee for performance by certified individuals. Certified Technology Specialist™ (CTS®) holders at all levels of certification have demonstrated audiovisual knowledge and/or skills. Certified individuals adhere to the CTS Code of Ethics and Conduct and maintain their status through continued education. Certification demonstrates commitment to professional growth in the audiovisual industry and is strongly supported by AVIXA.
All eligibility, application, score reports, special accommodation requests and general inquiries regarding AVIXA certification will be handled through the AVIXA Certification Office, with headquarters located in Fairfax, VA., U.S.A. Purchases of education, membership or any other InfoComm services are not required to seek certification.
Attn. Certification Office
11242 Waples Mill Rd., Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 1.800.659.7469 or +1.703.273.7200