The most valuable asset in a warehouse is open floorspace. It is needed to prepare orders, scan products, perform quality control functions, and to load and unload trucks. This session will demonstrate how operational "common sense" has things all wrong.
Common sense says:
1. Make order preparation the highest priority task.
2. Prep jobs as early as possible to help reduce the opportunity for mistakes.
3. Optimize the use of your warehouse team by using them for ad hoc deliveries and setup crew.
4. Use warehouse jobs as steppingstones to technical roles.
5. Reject projects with higher than average costs in order to maintain your gross profit percentage.
These tenets have been passed down for decades and are responsible for stifling growth and profits. We replace these worn-out ideas with three simple guiding principles: sell beyond capacity, know your customer, and know your costs. We will explore how adhering to these new concepts helps us design a more scalable warehouse operation.
Stimson Group, LLC
North America Webinar Sponsors
AVIXA would like to thank the sponsors that have helped us all create better AV experiences through supporting webinars.