With information being transmitted almost as fast as we can think it, we still have those times where there is lag. From our homes to our offices, we know one thing to be a constant. We can go faster! The more bandwidth a data connection has, the more data it can send and receive at one time. On the other side of that coin, with more bandwidths come more problems. For companies, the need for speed usually is equal to the whole in your pocket. At some point most companies will have to ask, how do we get the most out of our bandwidth? And when do ask for more?
This September Power Hour will cover:
- How to assess your current bandwidth situation.
- Determining the strengths and weakness of a network with increased bandwidth.
- The effect that higher bandwidth will have on your network’s workload.
- The potential effects bandwidth increases will have on you financially.
- The real need to have more efficient data transfers.
CTS: 1 CTS-D: 1
- Delix Alex
Sr. Group Project Manager, Video Solutions
Crestron Electronics, Inc.
- Delix Joseph T. Alex (Delix) is Sr. Group Product Manager of Video Solutions at Crestron, driving product development for key technologies for collaboration and content distribution, including AirMedia (wireless presentation) and DigitalMedia NVX (AVoIP distribution).
- In his role, Delix bridges the gap between technical capabilities and creative possibilities to create immersive experiences whether at work or at home.
- Derrick Kelly
Vice President Solutions Enablement
- Derrick has been involved in some sort of professional technology, audio, AV, collaboration, cloud, and broadcast for more than two decades.
- In that time, he has gained vast experience with various system sizes in a variety of capacities.
- Along with Derrick’s technical experience, he has also been in a variety of management, leadership, partner management, and service roles.
- This wide range of experiences has allowed Derrick to understand multiple perspectives on technology, organizational structures, and customer experiences.
- Rodrigo Ordonez
- Rodrigo is a principal at K2 and responsible for the design, specification and set-up of audio and A/V systems.
- His design responsibilities have included systems for legislative facilities, performance spaces, churches, lecture rooms, sports venues, and educational facilities.
- He specializes in advanced audio and video networks, as well as in the development of audio DSP and control programming for large scale AV systems.
- Rodrigo served for two years on AVIXA’s Board of Directors, has been a member of AVIXA’s CTS Certification Steering Committee, and has taught courses at InfoComm for many years as a part of AVIXA’s Adjunct Faculty.
- James White
Cloud Network Engineer
- 20 plus years’ experience working in various roles in IT.
- Worked from PC support to sever support.
- Managed a team of Windows server engineers.
- Then moved to network engineering router switch and firewall support.
- Cisco and Juniper certifications.
- Now currently working on AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud technology
- Xzavia Killikelly, DSCE, DCME, NOMA
Audiovisual Design Consultant
- With 7 years of experience in the audiovisual (AV) industry and a proven track record as an audiovisual design consultant, Xzavia Killikelly has a deep understanding of how to leverage audiovisual and conferencing technology to help customers gain a competitive edge.
- As a member of the DEI Action Council, he is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- His expertise in the field has been recognized by his inclusion in the "Commercial Integrator 40 under 40" list, a testament to his innovative and forward-thinking approach to audiovisual design.
27 September 2023
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time