These days, almost all content must be designed with streaming applications in mind, and almost all systems must be designed with the goal of latency minimization. In this power hour, we will discuss the factors in a streaming system that contribute to latency, and learn which ones we can control, and which ones we can't. We will go over basic system design principles to help minimize latency and discuss the trade-offs necessary for ultra-low latency systems.
Join the March Power Hour to:
- Identify the factors that contribute to latency
- Learn which ones can be controlled and how
- Understand the system design principles to help minimize latency
- Recognize how to balance need for low latency with the trade-offs inherent
Investments in streaming media are expected to increase in the post COVID-19 world and the proliferation of audiovisual content is driving demand for video services, according to AVIXA’s IOTA report. Corporate live events producers and video production service providers can get the latest on key trends and technologies for AV content creation and distribution in AVIXA’s monthly Content Production & Streaming Power Hour. Learn more about the Content Production & Streaming Power Hour series.
CTS: 1 | CTS-D: 1
Senior Design Consultant
- Kristin Bidwell is a Senior Design Consultant and Director of AV & Acoustics at ACT Associates.
- She has over 15 years of experience as an AV Consultant.
- Her projects involve design consulting, project management, client meetings, documentation, and construction administration for audiovisual and sound masking systems.
- Typical projects include higher education, corporate, cinema, worship spaces, courtrooms, and hospitality.
- Kristin also participates in several AV Industry Councils, such as the AVIXA Sustainability Task Force, AVIXA Consultant's Council, AVIXA Women's Council, AVIXA Audio Advisory Board, AVIXA Content & Learning Committee, AIA DC Tech Committee, Acoustical Society of America, and the Audio Engineering Society.
Manager, Live Content
- Coran J. Smith gives new meaning to the phrase “jack of all trades.”
- From being on stage to working behind it, he does it all.
- He first discovered his passion for AV while cultivating his love of the arts singing and playing for churches, shows, and concerts nationwide.
- Coran is Musician, an instructor, DJ, coordinator, arranger, producer, host, and mentor.
- Coran has extensive experience working as a Senior Lead technician for Duetche Bank, and now serves as AVIXA’s Live content Manager For US/Canada.
- He also has a presence in the audio-visual performance community as a technology adviser and tech liaison.
- With his family sound/multimedia Company Pro Entertainment Solutions and his own LLC MusiqislifeSinged he spends time helping to develop new ways of sending receiving audio and live production over IP with minimal latency.
- From Broadway to the Boardroom, his friends, colleagues, and other professionals state he is an invaluable asset to have on your team.
David Maldow, Esq.
Founder & CEO
Let's Do Video
- David Maldow is the Founder & CEO of Let's Do Video and has been covering the visual collaboration industry, and related technologies, for over 15 years.
- His background includes 5 years at Wainhouse Research, where he managed the Video Test Lab and evaluated many of the leading solutions at the time.
- David has authored hundreds of articles and thought pieces both at Telepresence Options, where he was managing partner for several years, as well as at Let's Do Video.
- David often speaks at industry events and webinars as well as hosting the LDV YouTube Live Stream.
04 April 2023
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time