CTS: 18 CTS-I: 18 Max: 18
Can't make it to session 1? Check out session 2!
Who should attend?
- DeMarco, Tom and Lister, Timothy, Peopleware – Productive Projects and Teams
- Blanchard, Kenneth and Johnson, Spencer The New One-Minute Manager
- Workgroup leadership, consisting of orchestration of department resources and representation of the workgroup to the business, both as service provider and for dovetailing with shadow IT and vendor-provided escalation routes.
- Management, including staff development, setting and monitoring production and productivity expectations, governing workload variety, skills redundancy, scheduling non-reactive work, motivation and job satisfaction.
- Informed decision-making, including key performance indicators, critical success factors and other statistical analyses to get beyond service levels into throughput parameters. You will also learn to match service delivery with customer satisfaction.
- How to lead the department from the front, to represent it according to your vision for its position, role, and standing to its host organization, clients, and users.
- Anticipate demand and orchestrate resources both within and outside the immediate workgroup to meet that demand in accordance with true need and affordability.
- Orchestrate workforce and other resources to ensure the workgroup’s entire workload is appropriately staffed so that nothing gets missed and all priorities are met, for both reactive and project work.
- Identify, measure, monitor and act upon key performance indicators and use statistical functions against these to inform management decisions in correcting and improving service, not just after-the-fact (Management Information) but also in real time (Decision Support); use these to regulate and improve workload throughput as a vital contribution to eventual achieved service-levels.
- Use a seven-stage skillset management programme to commodities technical knowledge so that it can be imparted at the appropriate level; use this to eradicate Single Points of Failure, remove bottlenecks, increase skills redundancy, increase departmental service versatility, and replace management technical responsibilities to increase management involvement and quality.
- Online Tutorial 1: Course introduction, 30 minutes
- Student study period 1, approximately one week
- Online Tutorial 2: Checking understanding, 2.5 hours: Module 1 - Course Introduction, Module 2 - The Role of the Manager, Module 3 - Leadership Essentials
- Student study period 2, approximately one week
- Online Tutorial 3: Checking understanding, 2.5 hours: Module 4 – Planning Stage, Module 5 – Processes and Relationships
- Student study period 3, approximately one week
- Online Tutorial 4: Checking understanding and final examination, 2.5 hours: Module 6 – Delivery Stage, Module 7 – Staff Engagement, Epilogue and Exam (the exam question paper to be available from your AVIXA account and the exam is open book, invigilated/proctored by webcam)
- Candidate scans completed answer paper and emails it to invigilator/proctor, and puts the original in the mail to invigilator/proctor
About Your Tutor/Instructor
31 Aug - 15 Oct 2021
8:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Eastern Standard Time