The first step in getting the most out of your gear is to evaluate your existing tech to understand what is working and what can be fixed. When it’s time to upgrade, consider how to future-proof your next hardware purchase.
Join the May Power Hour to learn how to:
- Evaluate existing gear for replacement or repair.
- Identify future trends that will affect purchase decisions.
- Understand when to upgrade equipment based on budget, timeline, and addressing needed modifications.
Investments in streaming media are expected to increase in the post COVID-19 world and the proliferation of audiovisual content is driving demand for video services, according to AVIXA’s IOTA report. Corporate live events producers and video production service providers can get the latest on key trends and technologies for AV content creation and distribution in AVIXA’s monthly Content Distribution & Media Power Hour. Learn more about the Content Distribution and Media Power Hour series.
Member of the Executive Board
- Even though her favorite color is pink, Solveig Busler loves all colors of the visible spectrum.
- As Member of the Executive Board at the German LED manufacturer Schnick-Schnack-Systems GmbH, she provides TV-Studios, rental and production companies, as well as architectural projects with LED modules and luminaires as well as control systems.
- Busler has 20 years of experience in the lighting and entertainment industry; which have made her an experienced and knowledgeable partner for ideas and projects of all sizes.
Manager, Audio Visual Operations, Global
- Jason has over 15 years' experience in AV technology and is now the Senior Audio-Visual Specialist at WeWork.
- The role has responsibility for managing, supporting and delivering AV technology across EMEA, Israel and Australia.
- Jason also advises WeWork on best practises in audio visual integration, design, and development.
- His is an active member of AV Cultural forum, Triumph Owners motorcycle club and thebikeshed.cc
- Phil Lenger is the President of Show+Tell, a New York based Experiential Design Firm that specializes in consumer facing digital technologies.
- Show+Tell is a leading partner for major retail brands, global architectural and design firms, real estate developers, and government agencies who seek informed counsel on engaging, smart and effective digital environments that help our clients more deeply connect with their audiences.
- Pioneering and delivering a proprietary Digital Needs Assessment (DNA), Show+Tell utilizes data-driven executional intelligence that focuses clients on clever, creative, and fiscally sound strategies that increase the value and impact of modern public spaces.
- This also helps clients avoid the pressure of following costly “fad-based digital diversions" in any particular technology or service which may not serve their prime directive.
- Phil Lenger founded Show+Tell in 1989 and has been at the forefront of Digital Environmental Design and Digital Signage for over 25 years with clients like ABC, Disney, NBC, Express, DuPont, Port Authority of NY/NJ, MTA, H&M, LG, and M&Ms.
Audio Visual Systems Engineer
Western Kentucky University
- Justin Rexing currently works as an Audiovisual Design Engineer for Western Kentucky University, is owner of Rexing Consulting Group, LLC.
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems and holds a Master of Science, both obtained from WKU.
- Justin has served on multiple task forces and committees for AVIXA, including volunteering as an instructor for the past 10+ years.
- Being a technology manager along with owning an audiovisual consulting and integration business, Justin Rexing has a unique vision he can provide for clients and the AV industry.
Digital Signage Specialist
West Virginia University
- From hardware implementation, programming the content management solution and strategizing visual communications, Stephen “Chewie” Stavar has a vast working knowledge of the components of what it takes to run a successful Digital Out of Home signage network.
- He started with West Virginia University as a video production specialist in 2006.
- In 2007 he helped lay the groundwork for the initial digital signage implementation of 10 screens at WVU.
- In 2012 Chewie transitioned to living and breathing digital signage full time.
Deborah Jones, MBA, CTS
Audio Visual/Information Technology Sales Manager
QEII Live, Queen Elizabeth II Centre
- Deborah Jones is currently AV/IT sales at the Queen Elizabeth II Centre, planning and managing the technical aspects of the Centre’s client portfolio.
- Previously she worked for the commercial arm of a charity organisation, The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, where she established an events unit, organising conferences, selling exhibition space, seminars, awards ceremonies and gala dinners and ran their publications, commissioning, editing, publishing and selling their book list.
26 May 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time