Is it in the cloud? Heading into the summer break, institutions with different needs and budgets share their approach to fully implementing learning’s new normal.
Join us for the May Power Hour to learn how to:
- Identify the “new normal” and what this means for institutions.
- Discuss the challenges of remote participation.
- Review the necessary standards for installing equipment in classrooms.
Audiovisual for higher education and learning spaces is one of the fastest-growing market segments, according to AVIXA’s IOTA report. University technology managers, engineers, and AV/IT integrators can get the latest on new trends, technologies, and applications for digital signage systems in AVIXA’s monthly Learning Tech Manager’s Power Hour. Learn more about the Learning Tech Manager's Power Hour series.
David Amann, CTS
Manager of AV Systems
University of Cambridge
- David Amann, CTS, has been an AV and IT technology professional for over 20 years, beginning his career with a degree in Audio Technology and Music.
- After a few years in the commercial sector, David took up a post at the University of Cambridge overseeing their AV systems.
- As an active member of the Learning and Teaching Spaces Managers Group (LTSMG), he is an ambassador for collaboration and best practices.
- David holds memberships of the Institution of Engineering & Technology, and the Institute of Sound, Communications & Visual Engineers.
- In his spare time, David can be found playing the euphonium, riding his motorbike, or drinking whiskey… but not at the same time!
Adam Harvey, CTS
Solution Architect - AV & Digital Media
University of Hertfordshire
- Adam Harvey is Solution Architect – AV & Digital Media at the University of Hertfordshire as part of the IT Developments Team within the IT Services Department. Adam has been at the University of Hertfordshire for 27 years and has held a number of AV roles in that time.
- The most recent large projects to be completed have been the Enterprise Hub, a mix of social, learning and business incubation space and the UH Institute of Sport, a new purpose-built home of the University Sports Science Dept.
- Currently Adam is the Joint Chair of LTSMG, Learning and Teaching Space Managers Group, who are an education focused end user community made up of HE/FE AV and Learning Space Managers.
- Adam is an active member of the AV industry and an active member of groups such as SCHOMS, AVIXA, AV User Group, AV Cultural Forum and several manufacturer focus groups and previously acted as an AV Awards Judge for several years.
- He has also held the InfoComm CTS Certification since 2007 along with several other manufacturer certifications.
Dr. Felix Kronenberg
Director of the Center for Language Teaching Advancement (CeLTA)
Michigan State University
- Dr. Felix Kronenberg is the Director of the Center for Language Teaching Advancement (CeLTA) and an Associate Professor in the Department of Linguistics & Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages at Michigan State University.
- His main research is about physical, virtual, and hybrid (language) learning spaces.
- Dr. Kronenberg is the immediate past-president of the International Association for Language Learning Technology and an advisory board member of the Learning Spaces Collaboratory.
- He has served as the president of the SouthWest Association for Language Learning Technology, has been a fellow for the National Institute for Technology in Liberal Education, and has been a learning spaces and language center design consultant for various colleges and universities.
Per Mouritzen, CTS
Aalborg University, Denmark
- Per Mouritzen has been working in the AV industry for more than 20 years, both as end user, installer and technician, he holds an CTS and has a master in ICT and learning, he is responsible for the classroom design at Aalborg University, Denmark.
Justin Rexing, M.S., CTS-D, ISF-C, DMC-E-4K
AV Systems Designer
Western Kentucky University
- Justin Rexing currently works as an Audiovisual Design Engineer for Western Kentucky University, is owner of Rexing Consulting Group, LLC.
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems and holds a Master of Science, both obtained from WKU.
- Justin has served on multiple task forces and committees for AVIXA, including volunteering as an instructor for the past 10+ years.
- Being a technology manager along with owning an audiovisual consulting and integration business, Justin Rexing has a unique vision he can provide for clients and the AV industry.
Lisa Stephens, PhD
UB School of Engineering
- Dr. Lisa Stephens serves as Assistant Dean, UB School of Engineering in the Office of Online Education and Senior Strategist - Academic Innovation in the Office of the SUNY Provost. She also holds an adjunct assistant professorship at the University at Buffalo Department of Communication.
- Her portfolio includes: Development of online and global education content for the School of Engineering, and the Program Director of SUNY FLEXspace, the Flexible Learning Environments eXchange – a global repository and community of practice of campus learning environments. She is also the project lead for the SUNY-Coursera partnership, coordinating SUNY-wide development of MOOCs.
- Lisa holds a Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration (University at Buffalo), an MS in Television, Radio & Film (Syracuse University), and BFA in Communication Design (Rochester Institute of Technology).
Regional Manager, UK and Ireland
- Ben Barnard is Regional Manager for AVIXA UK & Ireland and aspires to support the AV community through education, certification, training and providing the industry with access to the resources that are most beneficial to their businesses and professional development.
- Ben has been working closely with various Tech Manager groups over his time at AVIXA and is always keen to learn more about what's relevant and important to this particular segment of our community.
24 May 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time