If your workflow is in need of a lift, you won’t want to miss this! Join Tom White, industry specialist and training consultant at Vectorworks, for a webinar that will discuss common challenges and his innovative ways to overcome them. White will take you through a complete AV design workflow — from modeled elements in Vectorworks to schematics in ConnectCAD.
Join the May webinar to learn how to:
- Learn to layout a new video playback and PA system in an existing venue.
- Plan out camera placement within a singular and comprehensive software package.
- Create rack layouts from devices, circuits, and equipment items that have corresponding schematic items.
Industry Specialist and Training Consultant
- Tom graduated from Middlesex University with a BA in Technical Theater Arts. After graduating, Tom worked for many years at The Bush Theatre in London as its chief technician, followed by various shows, events and concerts at The Roundhouse Theatre in Camden, where he was freelance for six years.
- Tom held Head of Lighting at Longborough Festival Opera in the Cotswolds from 2007 to 2010 and then Head of Lighting for Regents Park Open Air Theatre (2010 Season).
- In 2013, whilst working with the Shakespeare company ‘Propeller’, Tom won the Inaugural Jill Fraser Award.
- Altogether, Tom did 4 years of international touring with Propeller from the USA to Australia and China, followed by numerous UK tours for Frantic Assembly and re-lights and adaptations for English Touring Opera.
- From 2017 until 2019 Tom was the Deputy Chief Electrician at the Grade 1 listed Bath Theatre Royal in the west of England responsible for receiving shows and programming in house productions.
- Tom’s Vectorworks Drafting has included Bath Theatre Royal Productions (West end and Touring), St Petersburg Ballet Theatre, Welsh National Opera and The National Theatre of Great Britain.
- He has undertaken Vectorworks training and consultancy work for CSSD, The Lir, Rose Bruford, Lipa, Knifedge design, Abbey Theatre Dublin, Slava Snowshow and Phoenix dance theatre in Leeds.
- Tom still designs a handful of productions a year and in 2021 won the What’s Onstage ‘Offie’ award for best Lighting Design of a Play.
- Tom is now the UK Entertainment Industry Specialist with Vectorworks.
20 May 2021
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time