The AVIXA Diversity Council presents the purpose and value of inclusive language in AV business.
A panel consisting of representatives from some of the main organization types that are involved in audiovisual implementations (the Consultant, the Digital Network & Software provider, the Audio Manufacturer, and the Systems Integrator), will explore the business values of enabling inclusive language in business practices and documentation.
Feedback will be shared regarding the assessment, evaluation, and incorporation of alternative AV nomenclature into business processes.
The Panel will:
• Talk to the process of starting the inclusive language initiative.
• Present an overview of inclusive language initiatives within their respective organization.
• Share and explain some of the modified language substituted to leverage best inclusivity practices
• Talk to the importance and awareness that is being attributed to this initiative by business organizations.
1) Learn how to begin and implement an Inclusive language initiative within your own organization.
2) Learn about the tangible and intangible business values as a result.
3) Obtain some resources to provide more assistance and direction.
Global Managed Services Mgr
1) Alex Wagner - Tad Associates , Systems Engineer
2) Josh Rush - Audinate, SVP, Marketing & Product Management
3) Althea Ricketts - Shure, AVP Global Marketing & Sales Operations
4) Sharath Abraham - AVI-SPL, Engineering Mgr. Northeast
North American sponsors:
17 December 2020
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time