Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
This course will be taught live in six, four-hour long sessions from
1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time on:
-Tuesday August 4
-Wednesday August 5
-Thursday August 6
-Tuesday August 11
-Wednesday August 12
-Thursday August 13
AV Design 2: Infrastructure
This three-day, instructor-led classroom course will explore how a building's physical structure can dramatically affect AV design. Throughout the course, students will produce a complete drawing package based on several real-world scenarios that are often seen while on the job.
- Coordinate with allied trades to ensure the AV system's infrastructure needs are met
- Identify lighting needs for a given AV space
- Evaluate structural and mechanical considerations based on the AV system requirements
- Produce electrical specifications for safety and signal integrity
- Recommend acoustical criteria for a given AV space
List/Basic: $899 USD
Premium: $765 USD
Elite: $675 USD
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
Tom Kehr, CTS-D, CTS-I
Since 1986, Tom has been involved in designing, installing, operating or purchasing audiovisual systems. He has also been heavily involved in church audio, leading ministry teams, and training volunteers in both permanent and portable venues. In addition, Tom has owned a regional sound reinforcement company for more than 16 years. Prior to joining AVIXA, Tom was a senior designer for a large Washington, D.C., area firm. He is a member of SynAudCon and AES and a licensed amateur radio operator.
See AVIXA's COVID-19 statement.
04-13 August 2020
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time