This is a three-day course from February 25-27
CTS Prep can help ease your nerves and boost your confidence before you take the CTS® exam. Through this course, you will practice your test-taking skills and focus on specific areas of AV design you need to focus your study time.
Who Should Take This Course
- People who are preparing for AVIXA’s Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) credential
PrerequisitesIt is strongly recommended that students complete Essentials of AV Technology or pass the AVIXA-Recognized AV Technologist Test before taking CTS Prep.
The CTS Exam Guide is included with this course as a reference.
Course FeaturesIn this three-day course you will:
- Review exam content areas including creating, operating, and servicing AV solutions as well as conducting management activities
- Explore the CTS exam format
- Learn test-taking strategies and what to expect the day of the exam
- Study with the help of industry experts
- Identify CTS exam study needs with drills and exercises including concepts, math formulas, vocabulary and diagrams
- List/Basic: $1,199 (USD)
- Premium: $1,019 (USD)
- Elite: $899 (USD)
Marcus Yarborough, CTS-I
Marcus' first introduction to AV was in the US Army, where he was assigned to operate a Video Conferencing System in Bosnia in 1996. He has been working in the audiovisual industry full-time since 2001. Marcus began as an entry level technician, moved up to a lead installation technician, and then transitioned into service repair as a lead technician and programmer. Finally, he challenged himself to become a design engineer. He had been designing for three years prior to joining AVIXA as a Staff Instructor. Currently, he is working with AVIXA’s Learning Department to expand the knowledge base within the industry. Marcus also holds a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology: Computer Networking.
Time: 8:00 - 17:00 UTC
2111 7th Ave
Seattle, WA 9812
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS exam. The CTS exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Please refer to the CTS Candidate Handbook or avixa.org/cts for details
25 February 2020-27 February 2020