CTS Prep Virtual Classroom
CTS Prep can help ease your nerves and boost your confidence before you take the CTS® exam. Through this course, you will practice your test-taking skills and focus on specific areas of AV design you need to focus your study time.
Who Should Take This Course
- People who are preparing for AVIXA’s Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) credential
Access to AV Math for Design Online is included with this course for extra preparation in AV math.
The CTS Exam Guide is also a recommended study resource.
You'll meet online for four weeks. Your instructor will deliver live lectures on Mondays and Thursdays and you'll have access to recorded presentations. Then, you'll complete online reading and assessments to round off your exam preparation.
In this course you will:
- Review exam content areas including creating, operating, and servicing AV solutions as well as conducting management activities
- Explore the CTS exam format
- Learn test-taking strategies and what to expect the day of the exam
- Study with the help of industry experts
- List/Basic: $399
- Premium: $339
- Elite: $299
Tom Kehr, CTS-D, CTS-I
Since 1986, Tom has been involved in designing, installing, operating or purchasing audiovisual systems. He has also been heavily involved in church audio, leading ministry teams, and training volunteers in both permanent and portable venues. In addition, Tom has owned a regional sound reinforcement company for more than 16 years. Prior to joining AVIXA, Tom was a senior designer for a large Washington, D.C., area firm. He is a member of SynAudCon and AES and a licensed amateur radio operator.
- Completion of this program in no way guarantees that you will pass the CTS exam, nor will this program cover all the topics listed in the test outline.
- By registering for this course, you are not signing up for the CTS exam. The CTS exam must be applied for, paid for and then scheduled separately at a Pearson VUE Testing Center.
- Please refer to the CTS Candidate Handbook or avixa.org/cts for details
29 April 2019