AV Design 3: Applied Design
This six-day, instructor-led virtual classroom course will focus on the inter-device communication aspects of system design.
In this course you will focus on the communication aspects between devices in a design, exploring different topics including digital video, audio, networks, and more; plus the necessary security considerations. You will finish with a critical eye that will help you design better systems for your clients, knowing how to communicate design intent throughout the process, developing AV designs and documentation, and determining system specifications and parameters (bandwidth, EDID, HDCP, BYOD, etc).
This course is aimed at all professionals who need to read, create or work with AV designs including: AV designers, end-user engineers (schools, universities, companies, etc.), design managers (construction companies, integrators and architects, among others).
In this course you will learn how to:
- Determine bandwidth requirements for digital audio and video signals
- Recommend appropriate video signal types based on their capabilities and limitations
- Implement a successful EDID strategy, while implementing appropriate digital rights management
- Select appropriate audio signal processing for a specific program need
- Establish proper gain structure and equalization of an audio signal chain from input to output
- Choose which elements of human-centered design are necessary for a given control interface
- Discuss routing various audiovisual systems on a network
- Plan a multicast streaming distribution on a network
- Prepare a security plan for AV systems
This course will be taught live in six, four-hour long sessions from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time on:
-Tuesday March 8
-Wednesday March 9
-Thursday March 10
-Tuesday March 15
-Wednesday March 16
-Thursday March 17
List/Basic: $450 USD
Premium/Elite: $400 USD
CTS: 24 CTS-D: 24 CTS-I: 24 Max: 24
As a Senior Staff Instructor at AVIXA, Chuck has over 26 years’ experience in the AV industry with 13 years in the United States Marine Corps. In the U.S. Marine Corps, Chuck was the Chief Sound System Engineer for the United States Marine Corps’ Musical field units. Since retiring from the Marines, he has held a variety of AV positions supporting commercial and federal government clients as well as contributing to the development of hundreds of audio-visual professionals. Chuck has served on the Scheme and Item Writers committee, as an AVIXA’s Leadership Search Committee Member and Chair of AVIXA’s Certification Steering Committee, as well as a contributor the InfoComm Installation Handbook.
See here for full details on the AVIXA Course Cancellation Policy.
08-17 March 2022
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time